Thread: spdif connection does not play any sound in Windows 7

spdif connection does not play any sound in Windows 7

I own a desktop computer, if you ask about my system configuration I have pretty modern system, I have Intel quad core processor, I am currently using an Asus Striker II Fomula motherboard and I have windows 7 64-bit version of operating system in my . I installed it from the action pack . But since fe days I am getting some issues with my system. I am trying to connect , but cannot establish spdif connection with my system, even if I do it successfully the speakers connected with my system, does not produce any sound . Does any one has any idea with this spdif connection, if you have please help me in fixing this as I am very much annoyed due to this issue ? PS I have got logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers.

Re: spdif connection does not play any sound in Windows 7

This seems to be the connection issue with the spdif that enables the digital sound to be played , in order to solve this I think you should check the interface connectivity in the control panel , in the control panel and then that go to the sound folder . If you know about the interface settings, then you can take the further step and do the advanced troubleshooting. This will help you about the core reason for the connection failure.

Yes before going for the advanced options better , there is one more thing you need to check , see if the Windows version is fully update. Once doing it I will suggest you few things. I think the connection should be given the full liberty to be accessed by the operating system. So I will ask you to temporary uninstall the Anti Virus if you have any and also check if you have any security application installed. After installing those application , I would suggest you to uninstall all the sound and audio drivers , along with it please uninstall all the media players, except the VLC player and whatever came up with the Windows operating system. All these steps needs to be must be performed if you want your issued to be resolved.

Do you see any digital data being transferred on the display. If you see it any , it means the connection is being established successfully. Disconnect the speakers from the system and connect it with any other player if you have in your house, a DVD player will be a better option. You can also check the SPDIF settings , set them to default settings if you have made any changes in it . Check the properties and see how many channel format options are visible to you.

I know that the spdif provides to carry the digital signals into compressed format but it too came up with lots of limitations but still I reckon that the concept used behind it is is fairly good but still it came up with some problems as well , but if you observe closely you will get issues with connector in particular . The core issues is that the receptor is not capable of handling the transfer rate of data and at the pace it is being transferred. A clock drift is will come occur, during which there is a considerable amount of data loss during the transfer . Well you can stop this issue , the connector must be configured to transfer in correlation along with the source’s clock that is being connected with it.. As now everything is coordinated correctly there should not be any possible data loss while transferring.