Thread: What is tidserv activity 2?

What is tidserv activity 2?

I am running Windows XP on my computer and have also installed Norton antivirus. Last night when I was working on my computer then I started getting popup message from Norton antivirus about something called 'tidserv activity 2'. Now whenever I am searching anything on the browser it will redirect me to some unknown website. I am not able to remove it also, so is there any way to get rid of this virus? Thanks

Re: What is tidserv activity 2?

The Tidserv Activity 2 seems to be an incorrect identification of a Zeroaccess rootkit. There are many antivirus tools that does not detect it as well. Download a tool called Norton Power Eraser from its official website and install it in your pc. Scan your pc with this tool and check if it detects anything. Note that this tool can even detect legitimate files as infections so be careful to not delete any important files or programs.

Re: What is tidserv activity 2?

You will need to delete some registry keys that are linked with this tidserv activity 2 inorder to get rid of this virus. To do that you will have to click on Start and then go to Run and type regedit and press Enter. The registry editor will open in your computer. Just search for the below registry key and delete them completely and restart your pc to take effect:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN\ XTray.exe
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONRUN XTray.exe

Download a tool called TDSSKiller that can detect this kind of virus and easily remove it from your computer. TDSSKiller is a utility that was created in order to provide a simple means of disinfecting any system that suffers from infections of Rootkit.Win32.TDSS malware family. A rootkit is a program or set of programs designed to obscure the fact that a system has been compromised.