Thread: Windows 7 won’t start, giving BSOD due to Boot.Tidserv.B

Windows 7 won’t start, giving BSOD due to Boot.Tidserv.B

Hi, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and it just started causing BSOD problem since yesterday, firstly it was showing something about a "amdsata.sys" and "storport.sys". but I didn’t get what is it actually, but when I just scan my computer with Norton Bootable Recovery Tool I exposed that my computer was infected with Boot.Tidserv.B, I also don’t know what is it actually, need help very badly. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Windows 7 won’t start, giving BSOD due to Boot.Tidserv.B

Hey I was having the same problem as you’re having, and it is too worst and awful I know, in fact I was not able to start it in the safe mode even, I am not sure that you’re able to do that, but I would firstly recommend you to try to start the computer in the safe mode, and then run a RUN command and type. Msconfig in that, as you the window appears, disable all the programs from the startup, as it might be possible that some of the file from there only are infected, thus disable it, and start the computer normally, and if you don’t get any such problem, the delete those programs that is affected.

See, it is very good that you’re at least aware that what the problem is, still let me tell you that your PC is infected through the Trojan actually, and as result to that, they might have corrupted your some of the files from your computer, I don’t know exactly which one, but it might be of something’s driver, thus you should try to reinstall driver thus you can at least start the computer and after that run a good antivirus software, for detecting and fixing the Trojan.

I would like to recommend you that if you are able to start the computer in the safe mode, you should try to install a good antivirus software and then scan your computer, thus as soon as you got such a Trojan, you can delete it, and after that I would suggest you to install all those files which were affected by that Trojan, because as they are being corrupted, they are causing the BSOD, and reinstalling them will fix the BSOD also.

This happened because you don’t have the proper antivirus software in your system, I am not aware about any such problem, but the above recommendation will surely start your PC, but after that don’t forget to install the updated antivirus for your computer, as this would help you to avoid the same. See you can use the Symantec Power Eraser, this is the product from the symentec corporation which is very good at handling such kind of viruses.

Well, don’t worry about this, you can have many options for solving these, I would like to suggest you the fix for these. First of all you need to start the machine in the safe mode and then, click on start --> all programs --> accessories --> system tools --> system restore. As you clicked on that, a new window will appear called system restore, so from there you can select the check point if you have any, and then after clicking Ok, the system will automatically restore to the date you have mentioned. And restore it to the location, where you’re sure that you were not having any problem.

Hey If suppose you don’t have any such option that would help you, don’t bother, rather I would like to recommend you that you should install the new windows in your machine. Yeah I know you would most probably lose your data, but you can have other option too for avoiding these, you can simply take backup of the data to any other machine, and then format the hard drive, and formatting installed the antivirus software that would going to help you, after copying all the data, scan the whole drive, I hope I would detect the Trojan and won’t let the machine to cause the same problem.