Thread: How DPR-1260 Dlink wireless print server work with Windows 7 laptop

How DPR-1260 Dlink wireless print server work with Windows 7 laptop

I just newly purchased a DPR-1260 print server. It runs immense with my Microsoft Windows XP Home and Windows XP laptops. I cannot obtain it to exertion with my Windows 7 laptop. I installed Windows 7 drivers for my HP C4280 printer onto the HP Windows 7 laptop and sprint the setup wizard on the DPR-1260. The Wizard sprints to the end after that asks me if I require printing a trial page, but does not print. I have exhausted many time seeming at web postings on lots of sites annoying to discover wireless print servers which effort with Windows 7 laptops. There are a few puzzling posts regarding setting up TCP ports. Is this what I require to perform? Is there a suggested wireless print server which efforts with Windows 7 laptops beyond the box?

Re: How DPR-1260 Dlink wireless print server work with Windows 7 laptop

I would recommend you to un-install and re-Install Media Center and media player.
    1. Unlock Programs and Features by simply clicking on the Start key, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and after that clicking on the Programs and Features.
    2. On left hand surface click on “Turn windows features on or OFF”
    3. Remove check “Windows Media Center” and “Windows Media player” you will receive an error message
    4. Click on Yes and Click OK
    5. Re-generates the PC.
    6. One time you start again the PC make certain you put back the check mark to media center to re-setup.

My Windows 7 laptop is novel (HP Pavilion dv6-1375dx). It is not improve from Microsoft Windows XP. The whole thing works immense on my Windows 7 laptop, apart from for wireless printing through the dpr-1260. I have a few old Windows XP laptops which effort immense with the wireless print server, but I wish to withdraw these XP's and shift to Windows 7 laptops. I cannot discover any documentation from any wireless print servers which claim to have a way out for Windows 7 devices. Should I revisit the wireless print server and wait until somebody is selling a Windows 7 wireless print server way out? Is there something I can download which would permit a Windows 7 laptop to effort with my wireless print server?

I have been utilizing a D-Link DPR-1260 print server for my system for additional than 2 year. The PCs were all utilizing windows XP 32 bit. While I improved one to Windows 7 64 bit, I have trouble setup printer. The printers are Samsung scx-4521 laser and CLP-315 color laser. The drivers are previously correctly installed on my PC and I was able to print if they were linked through USB straight. I was as well able to observe DPR-1260 and the attached printer. But installation blocked because it was unable to discover the appropriate drivers. This is odd as I was able to print through USB. Assist please. I have not improved further PCs up till now even though I will just be installing 32 bit version in its place of 64 bit for the left over.

To attach to the d-link 1260 print server you need to care for it as a network server with an attached tool. Here is what you will require the name of the print and the IP address and a well-matched printer one which is in the d-link1260 catalog they have a improved list on their website.
    1. Depart to devices and printers" in the start menu
    2. At pinnacle click on "add printer" if you do not discover it in the device list under.
    3. after that choose "add network printers"
    4. After that click on "stop" afterward click "the printer I wish is not scheduled"
    5. Choose "add printers using TCP/IP or hostname" click "next"
    6. Choose device form and type IP address that is 192.168.10.xx a window will unlock and appeal more
    7. port information click "custom" at the base.
    8. While sub menu unlocks choose "LPR" then type the name of the printer queue as well I checked “LPR byte as well as enabled" click "next” you may not require this. That is my line name was ml-2010. You can obtain this from the dlink1260 installation page.
    9. Subsequent page will inquire for printer driver. If the list is not present then attempt windows update, primary the list will update for additional models this will obtain some minutes. Or finally you can attempt the driver for anything model you have I suggest downloading the most present drivers from your maker. Choose Make of printer on left and model on right. After that click next you are completed if you can turn out a trial page.