Thread: Unable to connect Windows 7 home premium through VPN

Unable to connect Windows 7 home premium through VPN

I am having windows 7 home premium installed on my system and it is working well now the thing here is that I want to setup a virtual private network with some another computer system around me but the thing is that they are not having the same operating system and also I am not able to form a network over there. So please help me in this case and tell me how I can have VPN into another computer from Windows 7 Home premium.

Re: Unable to connect Windows 7 home premium through VPN

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that you will not able to for the network because there is not similar operating system on the other systems and that is the reason why you are not able to form the connection. So what you have to do in this case is that just verify that the other computer systems are also having the same operating system and then try and have the connection. I hope that it will help you to form the VPN.

The first thing that I would like to tell you here is that the operating system that you are using that is windows 7 is not been designed to log into a domain environment directly and if you have to do the same then you have to use the windows 7 ultimate version. In fact I am using the windows 7 ultimate version and mind you I am not facing any problems in connecting it with the VPN. So suggest you to uninstall the home premium and the install the windows 7 ultimate version.

To establish the virtual private network connection what you have to do here is that just open the Connect to a Workplace wizard and to open the same what you have to do here is that just go to the start button and then select the control panel and then in the search box you have to type network in it and hit enter after that you have to just click on network sharing center and then just set up a connection and at last you have to just click on the workplace.

Well if you will ask me then I guess you have made some mistakes while establishing the same and that is the reason why you are not able to have an access on the system. So what you have to do in this case is that just check whether you have typed virtual private network server name similar as it is and though using an network administrator profile. And the important thing is that you must have VPN connection working and also keep in mind that is the modem is external then you are using the modem power.