Thread: SSH connection problem in Linux

SSH connection problem in Linux

Hello,
    I have a web space enabled with SSH connection. On my laptop under WinVista, with Putty I know I log on without problems on my server with SSH. But in Ubuntu I just freshly reinstall impossible, it always gives me: Permission denied, please try again
    The command is which I have fired in bash shell
    Code:
    ssh user @ server-p 2298
    I get an error while doing this. So, if you have any idea about this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: SSH connection problem in Linux

Hello,
    Working with a beta can be problematic indeed. That is if you have the beta version of the software then please updated your software and then try to do it. Otherwise there is no reason why it does not work. I think that you must have does something to the connection or the configuration unknowingly. Have you messed with identification code of the SSH connection. Please do not do that you will end up with a trouble.

Hello,
    I do have a similar kind of a problem with my SSH connection. I deleted the old key on the server but it changed nothing. I recreated the RSA key on the client, I have imported into the server and now I know I always connect but not password. By cons as stated above under Vista no problem with putty, and without the keys. Why i am getting a problem under Linux operating systems. Do you have a solution for this ? Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    It depends on when you throw, that is what is your connection throwing the error, if the error is serious then you will have to contact the administrator. If you connect with keys, it throws you at the login / password? If this is what it would be an encoding problem, try just in a password without special characters. Though i have not tried this, but you can try it.

Hello,
    Connect with ssh to get you the info online, goes into debug mode and attempting a connection. Give us the result here.
    Here is the command you will have to fire in the console as a root user
    Code:
    # / Etc / init.d / ssh stop
    # / Usr / sbin / sshd-d
    No worries of being disconnected, ssh keep the connection active even when the process is stopped.