Thread: How to delete AVE.EXE

How to delete AVE.EXE

I need to know how to delete AVE.EXE, since I have found its processes in the task manager. I was not able to find any application or program, that uses this particular process. On searching the internet, I found that it is actually a malicious program. I suppose that it has entered from the internet. Please provide some help to get rid of this infection. I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Mozilla Firefox.

AVE.EXE is a malicious program

Since, AVE.EXE is a malicious program, there is a need to install an anti-spyware for its deletion. So, install Spyware Doctor as soon as possible to delete AVE.EXE. All the applications and programs will be monitored by this anti-spyware, along with the activities that they are performing. Any malicious activity detected by the anti-spyware, that is performed by the applications and programs will be removed from the computer.

Manual deletion is not possible

I can assure you that the manual deletion is not possible of AVE.EXE is not possible. So, the ultimate method that can be used to delete AVE.EXE is to format the system and install a new copy of the operating system that you are using. Installing a new copy is very important because if you try to repair the old one, there is a possibility that the infections will remain in the system.

A firewall will help against infections that enter from the internet

After you delete AVE.EXE, I suggest that you must keep a firewall enabled in the system. You must remember that a firewall will help against infections that enter from the internet. They actually check for each bits of data and information coming into the computer from the internet. It is very useful when the computer is on the network. Thus, this is a very useful technique to avoid threats from the web.

Avoid downloading pirated softwares

Hello there, it is suggested that you must avoid downloading pirated softwares, as they are seen to be embedded with infections these days. When you download such softwares, you will be downloading the infections along with them. If you can prevent such softwares, then there will be no situations in the future like you are looking for some solutions to delete AVE.EXE.

Quick heal antivirus will help

The Quick heal antivirus will help to delete AVE.EXE and I can assure you this because I had faced a similar situation as yours and I used this same antivirus to get rid of it. The infection cannot be deleted with the help of a normal scan of any antivirus. But, this antivirus provides a feature of boot scan, that takes place before the operating system has loaded into the computer. This is the probable solution, that you are looking for.

Re: How to delete AVE.EXE

Quote Originally Posted by stephenx View Post
    I need to know how to delete AVE.EXE, since I have found its processes in the task manager. I was not able to find any application or program, that uses this particular process. On searching the internet, I found that it is actually a malicious program. I suppose that it has entered from the internet. Please provide some help to get rid of this infection. I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Mozilla Firefox.
    you will need to change your folder options to view hidden files/folders and view system folders/files.

might need to do this from safe mode:
    as soon as your desktop comes up, hit alt+ctrl+del to start task manager before the malware can take hold. (i've seen many times where it won't let you run task manager)

end the ave.exe process (or whatever the process name of the malware). you may have to do this several times before it goes away for a few minutes.

for windows xp:
    open explorer and browse to c:\documents and settings\USERNAME\application data\
    and delete the ave.exe.
    (where USERNAME is your login name)

for vista/7:
    go to c:\users\USERNAME\appdata
    check each of the folders in there for ave.exe and delete when found
    it will most likely be in the local folder, but check the others to be safe.
    delete ave.exe when found.

also, for all versions of windows, when checking these folders, look for files or folders with odd names - random combinations of letters and numbers; example: 7hn8t5v h8WuS7rx
    anything like that. 99.9% of the time these need to be removed as well

also, in your USERNAME folder, you need to delete everything in the TEMP foler.
    (for vista/7, its c:\users\USERNAME\appdata\local\temp)

delete any files with the .tmp or .chk extensions - wherever you find them.
    delete the contents of c:\windows\temp

then, run malwarebytes or comparable program, and antivirus scanner.
    (you may need to download a .exe file association registry fix if you cannot open any programs. these can easily be found with a google search.
    downoad them from another computer to a flash drive, etc and then merge with your registry.)

there are other files to delete, but i am not going to post anything about the system32 folder - hopefully your virus scanner wil catch them

also, there are a lot of registry entries that this thing makes or alters. too many to manually remove, but here are tha main ones to check:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\WINLOGON
    make sure userinit is set to C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe
    and make sure shell is set to explorer.exe

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN

HKEY_USRS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN
    (actually u need to check the \windows\currentversion\run for all the ones in HKEY_USERS)

you will need to run ccleaner after your anti-malware and antivirus scans.

whatever else you read on the net, this works.
    i've done it at least 15 times in the past few weeks.