Thread: Code 39 error for Network Cards due to virus

Code 39 error for Network Cards due to virus

Please Help !!!
    I had some virus on my computer. Now because of this virus, I am unable to connect to the internet. Some yellow exclamation mark is coming saying that code 39 error and driver is missing or corrupted. I want to do some important work on the net please help me to connect to the internet.

Re: Code 39 error for Network Cards due to virus

As you said your computer was having some virus. Most viruses these days infect the c:\windows\system32\drivers\ndis.sys file ! This file is usually deleted by your anti virus program. You have to Replace the NDIS.SYS from some other computer into the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS folder. Mostly after doing this your computer will connect to internet perfectly. Make sure that you reboot your computer after doing this changes.

When computer is affected by virus into the system files then you would face this type of problems. Do the scan of your computer. Mostly it will find some virus in C drive. The only solution you have is uninstall your current operating system after deleting the detected file. Then install it again with the fresh one. Make sure that the Bootable cd of your OS itself is not infected. If so then use some other one.

You computer is infected by harmful virus. But not to worry, You just need a good piece of anti virus program. The anti virus you would be using currently may be not having sufficient permissions to delete such a virus. You should update your anti virus or get the latest version of you anti virus. I feel that Norton Anti Virus would be the best one to deal with this problem.