Thread: CPU support Hyper Transports 4GHz while motherboard only 2.6GHz

CPU support Hyper Transports 4GHz while motherboard only 2.6GHz

I have worked on one system that contains AMD Phenom 4000MHz HT compatible CPU inserted on motherboard. When I check the configurations of motherboard then it shows that motherboard only compatible with 2.6GHz. Can anybody explain what real problem behind this issue was? I need some expert advice that works to make good combinations of this CPU and motherboard. Thanks.

Re: CPU support Hyper Transports 4GHz while motherboard only 2.6GHz

HyperTransport (HT), is a technology for interconnection of computer processors. The goal is to allow the HyperTransport to be used directly to interconnect cases, boards, and backplanes. I don’t think that the processors directly use this feature. For the interconnectivity purpose you need to check the compatibility between the CPU and motherboard. But its not mean that there is necessary to test the HT clock rates between CPU and motherboard. There is not necessary to this two HT clock rates are need same. Hence I don’t think that it makes so much difference on overall the performance of the CPU and motherboard.

If you think that there is so much difference arrives between this interconnection of CPU and motherboard then you need to perform CMOS reset task on it. it will be work to fix such kind of complicated issues. Try this and see what happen onto it.

Hot Plugging allows HyperTransport devices to be installed and removed with the bus running. Hence if you need such type of advanced features then there is necessary to always verify the compatibility issue onto it. if the CPU and motherboard contains different HT rates then we need to make some arrangement that works to fix the HT rates in same range.

The actual CPU is only rated for 4000MT/s HT. However, the motherboard's chipset, itself, is rated for 2600 MHz (5200MT/s). Hence I think if you faced any problem after this combination then only you need to apply some technique onto it. You need to wait for the result of combination of these two.

As per you mentioned in the post, CPU has a Hyper Transport of 4,000MHz and Motherboard has a FSB 2600MHz Hyper Transport (5200 MT/s). Here FSB means Front Side Bus. This will be work to make an proper interconnection between the motherboard chips and other peripheral devices which is connected to this motherboard. You can also try the overclocking process onto it for avoiding any future problem.

The primary use for HyperTransport is to replace the front-side bus, which is currently different for every type of machine. This will be help to make proper connection purpose. This FSB also provide the advanced plug in type of facility. If the BIOS of the system upgrade then it could be possible that it fix such type of problem.

Hyper transport is just the speed of the buses on the motherboard; it has no effect on the CPU speed. If you face any problem with your system then only you need to take proper actions on it. Otherwise you don’t need to do any complex process on it. HyperTransport also supports system management messaging, signaling interrupts, I/O transactions, and general data transactions. But we can’t say that this technology makes direct effect to the CPU speed or the execution cycle of the system. Hence there is no need to do any unnecessary task until it gives any problem.

In this condition you need to take advice of the official site expert person. The official site of the AMD has been capable to provide the correct guidance over this issue. You need to take this help and apply proper action onto your system. This will be solving your any future problem.