Thread: GA-M56S-S3 SATA problem

GA-M56S-S3 SATA problem

Since the start of the PC that was running perfectly with all the components. After a few months ago my father wanted a 2.5" laptop SATA HDD in my PC to test functionality. But he caught from my LG drive. Having assembled my PC again crashed the PC when I was in Windows and there was a medium in the drive. Without drive, the PC ran without problems. After some time I brought the PC to the "computer clinic" who very quickly made a change in the registry of the computer, see when the drive working again. Right after I installed Windows 7 x64. A week later came the same mistake again. The "computer hospital" informed me that my drive was screwed. Posted on warranty and, if desired commodity exchange to get the drive does not work still. Currently I run the PC with a DVD burner NON-marking and will work out. So much for the entire history of the drive , now to the question: Is there possibly an incompatibility between the motherboard and drive? If not why does not the drive in my PC (RAM, Graphic Card, power supply, Motherboard tested error-free. From new DVD burner drive). I have written the entire course of the drive, because I find it all funny now does not work anymore.

Re: GA-M56S-S3 SATA problem

Maybe you have the BIOS in the "Integrated Peripherals" the "OnChip SATA Mode" to "AHCI"? Some DVD drives are not coming to clear. Therefore control the times. If you require a newer BIOS have been playing, then it could in fact be set by default. Windows is installed in a driver? For testing, you can also make time to AHCI. If the computer does not boot then, a driver for AHCI is on it. Then just switch back to IDE and install the NVidia driver for the chipset.

No problem (see next paragraph). Windows needs in the registry an entry in the "Critical Device Database". Windows then says that the controller drivers are loaded at startup preference must. The NV driver writes the seemingly unfortunately not in the registry. For AMD chipsets I once picked out the entries, but since I have no NV chipset, I can not help you there. Are available for Vista or 7's, however, an alternative solution (because MS as AHCI drivers integrated with its own added). First, again with the BIOS to" IDE "Starting Native, then follow the instructions from MS and after a reboot and in the BIOS switch. Then it should work (use if the NVidia driver to Microsoft). Then most times, if the DVD is so better. If it still, you'll also need to re-install nvidia driver (so that the standard AHCI driver from Microsoft on the NVidia AHCI is moved).

When writing in the Device Manager from a NVidia SATA controller, you should fit it, while there is no yellow exclamation mark there. The naming of the AHCI driver is on each manufacturer always varies, but for AMD it is similar to the sounds so plausible. Why the drive will only run on AHCI, I am also not so clear. Actually making the AHCI mode for optical drives more problems. Perhaps LG has the drive so explicitly optimized to AHCI, because actually this is the modern mode (with additional features).