Thread: How to upgrade motherboard on Windows 7

How to upgrade motherboard on Windows 7

I upgraded to Windows 7 Professional and I am very happy with it. Lately though my motherboard is failing and I want to replace it. I have 2 problems. First I want to install motherboard in windows 7 and another is I want to upgrade it so please give me some suggestion about it .Waiting for reply.

Re: How to upgrade motherboard on Windows 7

To change motherboard in windows 7 you have to follow these steps:
    1. Start Windows, and after that log on as an administrator.
    2. Then Insert your Windows CD in the CD-ROM drive or the DVD-ROM drive, in addition to then let Autorun start. After that press install Windows 7. In the Windows Setup window, press Upgrade in the Installation Type list, and then press Next button. After that go after the instructions on the screen until the computer begins to restart.
    3. A moment the computer begins to restart, turn off the computer.
    4. After that change the existing motherboard with the new motherboard.
    5. Turn on the computer and after that permit the upgrade to continue.
    And then Setup installs the IDE controller drivers, plus any extra drivers that the new motherboard should have.
    6. After the upgrade is completed, install any service packs that you had previously installed again.

From my information Windows 7, like windows Vista, you will be supposed to now sort itself out. Once you restart your computer, it will take a while getting drivers and such, but in general, it is a lot easier than it used to be. It will possibly require to be activating again.

To swap a failed motherboard with a new motherboard you have to follow this. Turn off the computer. Change the existing motherboard with the new motherboard. Insert your Windows CD in the CD-ROM drive or the DVD-ROM drive, after that start the computer from the CD.When you are encouraged To set up Windows now, click ENTER, click ENTER. Setup looks for any previous installations of Windows 7 on the hard disk and after that displays a list of any previous installations that it locate. Utilize the arrow keys to choose the installation that you would like to repair, as well as then click R to choose to repair the chosen Windows installation, click R option. This will start the repair of your previous Windows 7 installation. Follow the commands on the screen, as well as permit Setup to entire the repair of the previous Windows installation. Setup installs the HAL, the IDE controller drivers, plus any other drivers that the new motherboard should have. After the repair is completed, install any service packs or hot solution that you had before installed again.