Thread: P.c Not Booting.no Display when Starting P.c. No Bios. Nothing

P.c Not Booting.no Display when Starting P.c. No Bios. Nothing

pls delete my post, sorry for the repeated posts.
    hi today i was watching a movie on my p.c when it suddenly froze.so i restarted it but then i got no display, not even bios screen.the monitor shows a message "no display" as if nothing is connected to it..
    i shutdown the p.c and checked the connections, then started the p.c. again.again monitor says no display but my cpu is running, all fans are running, fan on cpu is running, my graphic card fan is also running,i can feel my hdd also .
    so i tried the following-
    1. tried all my ram sticks on a friends p.c one at a time they all are working fine on his system.
    2. all fans of smps, graphic card ,cpu heatsink are working.
    3. i took out all the connectors and plugged them again.
    4. i cleaned my p.c, blow the dust.
    5. removed cmos battery.put again after 1 min.no result.
    6. took out graphics card and tried to use the motherboards onboard graphic for display.still nothing.
    7. there are no beeps not even a single one when i power the pc.

all the above did not work. only one time my pc started(i think out of luck) but again froze when i played a video.it froze and when i restarted again no display no bios nothing.

my config is-
    intel P4 2.8gz h.t proccesor
    intel orignal 915gav mobo
    mercury 8600gt graphic card 256mb ddr3 pci express
    2x 1gb transcend ddr 400mhz ram
    seagate 320gb hdd SATA
    seagate 250gb hdd SATA
    sony dvd writer IDE
    lg cd writer IDE
    a lan card
    smps is enterage 450w.

in case my mobo is dead pls suggest a mobo which can support my above mentioned configuration.

thnks in advance.
    Last edited by fl@sh; 05-01-2010 at 11:35 PM. Reason: pls delete my post, sorry for the repeated posts.

Re: P.c Not Booting.no Display when Starting P.c. No Bios. Nothing

If the computer is booting , but still you cannot get any display amy be a problem of the motherboard. I suggest you to take out the motherboard and put it again properly, since the problem may be due to some problem in the design as well as a misplacement in the motherboard riser. The problem could be because the RAM may be overclocking. resetting the motherboard in a proper position may hopefully remove the problem.

I was also facing the same problem and with similar configuration of your's. But, in my case it was the motherboard problem and i changed it and the problem got fix. I would suggest first try using your friends power supply unit on your machine, if that works fine then it would be your motherboard problem. And i think you should be able to find second hand motherboard in the market like any 865 chipset or 915 chipset based motherboard which suit your configuration. Hope you would be able to fix the problem

According to me, it seems to be that your CPU is fried or damaged or not connected properly. You can check for that. Verify that your PC has fully power cycled. In other words, make sure your computer has completely reset - make sure that it's coming on from a completely powered-off state.It could be possible that the power supply the motherboard takes different voltages than the fans. The fans on proves nothing about the power supply. Often times a computer will appear to "not be on" when actually it's just having problems resuming from either the Standby/Sleep or Hibernate power saving mode in Windows.

i took it for repair. there the technician told me that the pins on the mobo are bend and they are not in proper contact with the cpu. he said i need a new mobo. but he did not even open the cpu fan and remove the cpu to look at the mobo pins. how can he know the pin are bend without even opening the cpu???i think he just wants to make me change my mobo and make money.
    he told me that next time my p.c freezes and does not start, shut it down and press the cpu fan little bit and then start the computer. in fact he told me to hit the cabinet little bit on the top and side(reminds me of my old t.v) and then try. surprisingly it works every time.now whenever my p.c freezes i open the cabinet and press on the cpu fan and my p.c then starts normally.
    only problem is after sometime it freezes again and i have to repeat the same process.
    i searched the market for another 915 mobo, but it is not available nowadays. there is mercury 945 mobo and a G31 mobo from asus and gigabyte. shopkeepers told me these 2 models will support my processor. however i will have to change my ram to ddr2. one shopkeeper told me not to buy G31 mobo as it is meant for newer processors.
    also someone told me the problem might be due to weather. i don't know how can weather cause this??

so pls guide me.
    1. what cud be the problem in my p.c.
    2. can weather cause such problem.
    3. if i have to change my mobo which one should i buy the 945 or the G31??

before u do any of this, can u check the temperature of ur processor?
    it might be an issue of overheating, in case heatsink is not attached properly.

use core temp or real temp to monitor the temp...
    google them...
    if the temp are normal, tell us again