Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best gpu

Yep, thats because the VGA bios does not let the fan run beyond 25%, there is an Asus bios which rectifies that error, and is freely available

Ok I went to the so called hub of electronic good, Lamington Road in mumbai(India), and seriously was not very impressed.
    A phenom 9550 with crossfire enabled mb cast 22K !!! sli enabled mb's with intel X4 are cheaper man!!! and well, HD 4850 is not yet here, but they say HD 3850 is 9K !!! Offcourse HD 4850 would be around 16K (~USD400) That would be too much, but still be cheaper than 9800GTX (18.5K).
    And about those benchmarks, well, i saw a quite old one, when the drivers weren't ready yet. If you have seen real benchmarks after launch that show HD4850 to be better than 9800GTX, I am surely going for it. Can't wait for the HD4870 in India . Might get launched next year!!!

Off topic, i wonder where you got that rating on Assassin's Creed? I have looking for an AC performance comparison, but never found it. Can you share the source?

Quote Originally Posted by unidentified View Post
    Thats just in words man... any real benchmarking reviews or framerate comparision?
    I heard it gave jus 28fps max in Crysis. not sure with or without AA... but that not very encouraging from a top end card right now. Offcourse none of the cards show much improvement, but certainly we expect a lot more. May be 4870 is the one that can really rip Crysis apart at 50fps at op graphics. Who knows...

well, according to some news, 4870 outripped 9800 gx2 quite easily so 50 fps for crysis wouldnt be too hard for the card

hmmm... hope so. I also heard similar rumours... but can only believe that when the real benchmarks for the card comes out.
    certainly if the specs about HD 4850 is something to go by... then certainly the HD 4870 can make make dream of that 50fps in crysis in all bars full graphics wize...

did you hear some new high flying stakes of 4870 gx2 video card more powerful than the gt versions.

hmmm thats a far off thing man.. 4870X2 would be launched too late for me to think about it... and the price would be too high too.

Hey anyone knows if there's any news of any price cuts on the HD 4870??? I heard nvidia'r dropping the 280 and 260 cards.... any such news on the ATI front?

haha no hope in india for cutting in price list in video card, ya did heard that it is going to dammm costly in india

Yah.. well, i am planning to buy it from ebay actually. I would get my system from a local shop for as low as i can go.. and then get the HD 4870 from ebay when they drop the price a little. (They will certainly drop with ddr5 getting more readily available and the upcoming release of 4870X2 in the ranks. May be a couple of months or three.) Though the failure of GTX 280 to overtly impress with its high price range, ati might wait till nvidia cuts down more price or comes up with another alternative to beat the HD 4870 and then launch the dual gpu card later to beat nvidia again.
    Cummon nvidia... buckle up... bring up the challenge to ATI. You'll do me much good..

OK... HD4870X2 out and it is close to GTX280 SLI!!! and all for just $599 opening... I would say... nVidia folks better work overtime to bring GTX 280+ into the scene with lower price, or seriously cut down the GTX rpices even more... otherwise... adios nVidia...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12