Thread: compatible kernel with r4i card

compatible kernel with r4i card

Hello guys I have been really having very tuff time in searching for the kernel compactable with the r4i card I have been wasting around 4 hours downloading different kernels and I have kept trying with which it would be supporting and all but have been still haven’t found any idea with this? i have even reset my ds to factory settings and still have no result, Now any one can suggest me something with this? In checking the compactable kernel with the r4i card?

re: compatible kernel with r4i card

Well what I would be saying that you need to concentrate with the most highly important is the the upgrade method for the R4i card which needs to run with the DSi console that would be running with the v1.4.1 firmware or may be the DS lite console. Now if you have been ready already with the upgraded over your DSi with the latest firmware v1.4.2 which has been launched you would be needing to be right with the DS lite or a DSi which would be running with the previous version 1.4.1 which would be completely charged up with your console which would be before the beginning or may be with the connection to your original charger. Your card would have been destroyed if you run out of power during the upgrade process this is what I think over your query.

I think you need to download one of the latest kernels which would have been from the manufactures website. I think the only one the card which I would be recommends for the r4 card would be those which would be on the r4i-sdhc.com. Why the manufacturer is recommend has simple reason because it has been based with the proper reply from the users. And those guys are completely trusted because they keep on working on the queries always so I think they would be the best one to help you out.

I think you need to contact to the manufacturer for this I hope he would be the only one who can tell you which one would be supporting and then you can get one which they are suggesting, they are the only one who are having complete knowledge about it and they would be giving you the best suggestion and I don’t understand why are you keeping on downloading each one of them and comparing them you can try to fetch out detail first and then download it.

Ya I would be suggesting the same that whenever you are trying to download any of the kernels why don’t you search about it first completely and then you can download it if it is supporting and if not then just discard it, keeping on downloading Is a complete waste of time and I would be saying you have been wasting time for no use and it is just unnecessary and searching about them befoe downloading would be the best thing what you can do.

Now you got to start up with firing your DS console and then move on to the way to the upgrade file “fwup142c.nds” on your R4 card, now you got to select it and then just press A. when you do this the upgrading flash procedure should now begin and then you should be able to see the status of the improving process and it would be continuously stating the progress in percentage. And once it is done your work is done. And this is the tuff task and if you are unable to get any idea with this just contact your engineer or service center or email them about the products and ask them for help I am sure they would be helping you out.

Re: compatible kernel with r4i card

hello friends i don't know much about all this but i would be saying what i know about the dsi cards and the r4i cards and all so as far as i know i think R4i SDHC is perfectly compatible with NDS/NDSL/NDSi i hope this would be giving you some suggestion about your query yes i am sorry i dont have much detail about this and i have been searching more and as soon as i would be getting something about this i would be updating it.