Thread: TELUS TV and Harmony Remote Problems

TELUS TV and Harmony Remote Problems

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased my Harmony Remote before one week. It is the remote that is exclusively sold via TELUS (it's commonly a modified Harmony 550). By the way, The remote is very fine , it is also working with my Apple TV, Blue Ray.

However, with my Digital Box (TELUS. Model IPN-330 HD) The GUIDE, Caller ID and VOD buttons is not working at all ! Every other button going very well. The GUIDE, VOD and Caller ID are Actual buttons on the device. But they doesn't seems to be appear as Standard buttons when I try to configure them up with the software. I need not to associate them as additional buttons either. I should not have to because there are Physical buttons for each of these upon the remote! I also have tried to get to know the IR for them but there is no luck there .Would you tell me to resolve this issue so that the GUIDE, VOD and Caller ID buttons can get programmed to function in appropriate manner ???

Re: TELUS TV and Harmony Remote Problems

Hi dear ,
    I am not getting you properly, will you tell me something about your current situation means the current connection status. how did you configure up the cable box (manufacturer, model#)? After considering your post, I am thinking you can get better explanation about your error from the official support and I would suggest you to call them up means Logitech customer support - When you will get to interact them then you will find a form there placed at the end of the software Troubleshoot and from the Contact link here.

Those buttons you explained are Telus associated buttons and will only be functional with the "Telus TV" activity section , and the only method to get this work , you need to have a Telus Box (PVR/Cablebox)..

If you have done in fact have a absolute Telus box and the program not detecting it,then you should contact with the administrator of the official support and then tell them about your issue and I think, they will perform the updation of the database. However, if you are trying to get these buttons to be in functional mode in different activity like a DVD, or Media Center PC activity type, then it is impossible to get this in such manner . They have been disabled on those activity types.

Hello 2nd chance,

Your button problem has been fixed now . What I did was

• Create a new Activity and select 'TELUS TV' as the activity type.
    • Add Activity->No, Manually -> Watch TV -> Telus TV.

It will then provide you those guide and page-up and down related commands (but will still current allow you to modify them as those buttons are entitled Telus TV only buttons). If you made some updates of your remote button then it will be move successfully .

Thanks,

I am very happy to own a new "Telus Harmony Remote" and a "Telus PVR Receiver Model 9241" also . After converting the main remote and the PVR receiver to "IR" only, downloading the "Remote 7.2" software, and moved through entire procedure of the installation , my Harmony now manages my TV, DVD player, and sound system but, not my PVR. It will not switching the PVR in ON or OFF mode and nor making enable any functions.

The software program is trying to accept the "PVR Telus 9241" input location , but called it a "Digital Set Top Box". Going through the download the operating guidelines from the main remote to the Harmony remote with the "IR nose-to-tail method", evaluates in the Harmony remote displaying the word "learning" and machine occurring "Poor IR Signal". Repeated repositioning of the remotes looks to have no effect on either message, or, on PVR control. Please, help me. what should I do in this situation

The error that you are getting is actually occurred when the PVR remote is configured with the RF setting. You have to configure it with the IR and if you have already configured this then you have to reconfigure the same settings again and make sure that your PVR remote is set with the IR? The error message which you are receiving would be consistent with the remote being set to RF, which the Harmony unable to learn. Go through this procedure and use this after reconfiguring this