Thread: What does ATX mean

What does ATX mean

I know that the computer we use is ATX. But what does ATX mean? Is it the motherboard technology, or the power supply, which makes the computer ATX computer. I am a noob when it comes to computer's history. I just play games... Do help guys...

Re: What does ATX mean

The term ATX stands for Advanced Technology eXtended. Its the newer standards at which a computer's motherboard and power supplies are built. The new design was made so that the problems in old computers like cooling and conjunction can be handled properly...

ATX stands for Advanced Technology Extended, is a computer form factor designed by Intel in 1995. It was the first big change in computer case, motherboard, and power supply design in many years. ATX overtook AT completely as the default form factor for new systems. ATX addressed many of the AT form factor's annoyances that had frustrated system builders. Other standards for smaller boards usually keep the basic rear layout but reduce the size of the board and the number of expansion slot positions...

In 2003, Intel announced the BTX standard, intended as a replacement for ATX. As of 2009[update], the ATX form factor remains a standard for do-it-yourselfers; BTX has however made inroads into pre-made systems. So the Branded computers have already adopted BTX while ATX stays the favorite choice of home brewers and Assembled computer users....