Thread: Low Disk Space message

Low Disk Space message

On my computer i am getting this message in every 40 sec saying "Low Disk Space. You are running very low disc space on Local Disc (C. To Free space on this drive by deleting". I have 40Gb Hard disk, I deleted so many things but still nothing has changed that box keeps coming up. please help me as i have limited computer knowledge.

How to disable this message ?

please help!!
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

Re: Low Disk Space message

Have you tried going into your browsing options in IE (assuming you're using Internet Explorer) and clearing your cache, deleting all cookies, etc.? Sometimes the cache gets jammed up with all sorts of junk and that screws up your response time.

When a Windows XP-based computer is running low on disk space, you receive a "Low Disk Space" message that, when clicked, starts the Disk Cleanup Wizard. This article describes the conditions in which you receive the "Low Disk Space" message. For more details on it you can check this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285107

hi
    for xp you need more than 500mb free space on c: drive .as virtual memory is set to that ratio .so delete some file or move some files from c: drive to other drive
    also go to temp folder in c drive by putting your name instead "YOUR USER NAME " i the following link

C:\Documents and Settings\"YOUR USER NAME"\Local Settings\Temp

How much disk space you have got left on the hard drive?

Download and install CCleaner and run it. It will clean your PC of the junk that keeps building up as you use your PC. Just dont use its registry cleaner feature.

Next, download WinDirStat, or TreeSize. These programs will give you an idea, where the space of your hard drive is being used up.

Also, use the disk cleanup feature. That will also free quite an amount of hard disk space.