Thread: Flight Simulator X: Install, runtime error, Installshield error 16

Flight Simulator X: Install, runtime error, Installshield error 16

I am having problem installing Flight Simulator X on my pc. When the InstallShield Wizard is running then I get a popup box saying that "Miscrosoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error! : Program: C. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way." After clicking ok, it says 'IDriver.exe - Application Error. The exception unkown software exception (ox40000015) occurred in the application at location 0x7813461a.' and then 'InstallShield 1628:Failed to complete installation.' I have tried to reinstall Windows Installer but it didnt work. Can anyone please help. Thanks.

Re: Flight Simulator X: Install, runtime error, Installshield error16

How much ram do you have? I have seen some dicussions made on similar issues if there system was not 64bit. It has something to do with the way the 32bit systems utilize the memory. On the other hand it looks that you might have created a virtual drive with half of the memory. Can you try to disable the virtual drive that might help.

I have tried many things and deleted several unwanted programs. I have researched the problem on consumer.installshield.com and re-installed version 11 of the InstallShield software. Have also tried to run install from files copied onto hard drive. Any other idea?

Re: Flight Simulator X: Install, runtime error, Installshield erro

It might be that you could have too much amount of RAM installed in your machine, so try to reduce it to 2GB by removing one or two modules, depending on the configuration.

I have paid too much money for this Ram and it looks to me that it is counter-productive to turn it off? I am checking out into the InstallShield website for answers. Also when I try to run 'dxdiag' I also get an error that dxdiag caused the runtime to close; but if I run it again and let it bypass the system info, dxdiag runs OK. Any ideas?

Can you try to reinstall the DirectX freshly that could help, but I think that it might be the memory exceeding 2GB, why not give it try? Something seems to be wrong with the runtime. One possibility comes to mind: FS is a Microsoft game of the latest generation and might need the latest version of Microsoft.NET. NET includes runtime drivers and is not an automatic update. You can try to get it at MS website and see if that works.