Thread: Office 2007 and network file problems

ohmy Office 2007 and network file problems

I have searched and searched the internet and different forums and found multiple references to this problem but no solution. Maybe someone here can help me.

Current computer: Windows 7 with Office 2007. The Windows was upgraded from Vista just last night.

Network: Buffalo network drive (fat32 based system)

Problem: Cannot open any office document directly, get the message either that the file is "in use" or "locked for editing" by someone else. This started with Vista, I had hoped that upgrading it to Windows 7 would cure it but it hasn't. I can open the files by the roundabout method: open up the program first, then select the file and open as "read-only". This is a problem for Word files and Excel files, haven't tried any other office documents. PDFs, picture files, and videos are not affected.

The funny thing is, my other laptop, with WinXP and Office 2003 has no such problems, it opens all documents without a hitch.

Any help? I've found a couple references to some regedit hacks on the Microsoft support site but so far nothing I've tried has fixed it.

Oh, and this occurs even when I stop all anti-virus protection - using Avast Home Antivirus. Office is activated.

Vic

Re: Office 2007 and network file problems

It seems IE trys to detect the intranet settings while opening files, and once it does, every other file opened in that session opens without delay. For more information you can check out the following links mention. Ensure that you can exchange documents between Microsoft Office releases, Microsoft has developed a Compatibility Pack for the Office Word, Office Excel, and Office PowerPoint 2007 File Formats.

Office 2007 - Vista - Cannot Save to network drive

Office 2007 crashes on 'open/save as' file dialog...

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ork/751492.htm

Office 2007 locking files opened Read Only on network shares

Re: Office 2007 and network file problems

This is some Configuration glitch as i can see it. Well see if have configured write permission for your user. Check if there is any network conflict? I guess network configuration is not correct, Which type of network have you selected? Select Home or Private network, see if that thing helps...