Thread: What are the Input Controls for the XForms?

What are the Input Controls for the XForms?

Hello friends,
    I have recently started with the XForms, so I am not having much knowledge about it. I want to use the XForms controls which is used by the user interface of XForms. So thought that someone over there would be interested in helping me. So please tell me what are the Input Controls for the XForms? Since I don't know about this topic, any other information related to the topic would be grateful.!!
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Re: What are the Input Controls for the XForms?

XForms Controls : The user interface elements in XForms are called XForms Controls. Most commonly you will be using the control elements like the <input> and <submit>. Because these are the most commonly used control elements. Each control element has a ref attribute pointing back to the XForms data model. Forms in HTML are used to group other HTML controls together. A user basically interacts with a system through these input controls placed inside a form.
    3.2 (northwood)
    2gig ram
    ATI AIW X800xt 256mb
    Gigabyte GA-8knxp 875p Chipset
    Optiwrite 8X DVD Burner
    Win XP PRO Sp2 (Works Perfectly)
    2 SATA Raptor 74gig Raid 0
    2 7200 IDE 320gig HD

XForms allows us to create forms in XML. The following are some features of XForms :
    1. It is Platform independent. That means it can run on any platform.
    2. Separates the presentation from the model.
    3. Values are submitted in XML format .
    4. It is Universally accepted.

XForm Model defines the the contents for the form and what it should do. XForm User Interface creates the User Interface.
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

Because XForms is platform and device independent, XForms leaves it up to the browser to decide how to display the controls. Due to this feature you can use the XForms in personal computers, cell phones, hand held computers, etc. Also for for defining user interfaces for people with disabilities, the XForms is the perfect solution. The XForms User Interface is used to design the user interface and it in turn is used to collect data from the user. Where the input element is used to define input text fields. And it has an attribute element called ref.

The input control is the most common XForms control. It can hold one line of text. The following represents the same :
    Code:
    <input ref="name/fname"><label>First Name</label></input>
    Then the <label> element is a mandatory child element for all XForms input controls. The reason for this is to secure that the form can be used for all types of devices.

You can also use the Secret Control for the XForms. The secret control is designed to input passwords or other hidden information :
    Code:
    <secret ref="name/password"><label>Password:</label></secret>
    Normally these are used in the password field, where you don't want to show the characters that are typed in the password filed. Most often the secret control displays with an asterisk.