Thread: Queries of Oracle DBAs and Develpoers

Queries of Oracle DBAs and Develpoers

I am doing Oracle DBA course.In future,can I migrate to Oracle Application Developers from Oracle DBA. Is it recommended? I want to know more about the DBA courses. Which type of function the DBAs and Developers performs in Organizations ? what is difference between OCA and OCP certifications.I am planning to pursue my career in Oracle DBA,Can any one let me know the starting point for that ?
    Last edited by Ainsley; 15-01-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Re: Queries of Oracle DBAs and Develpoers

Before starting of the course of oracle DBA means the center from where you are doing this course they will provide you all the information about Oracle courses but you have to decide it, what do you want to do.
    There are basically two categories that is structured by Oracle university which are as follows:

1. Oracle Database Administrator (DBA)
    2. Oracle Application Developer

If you have selected DBA track already and feeling more comfortable then no need to jump anywhere else and concentrate on your selected course.But if you want to do both, It would be better for your future and you can work with any company either they want a Developer or a DBA ,you can fit in both criteria but it is not mandatory to do both. So go ahead and All the Best.

Oracle DBA Courses
    Theses are the Listed courses that is provided by the oracle university which are as follows:

DT011 -–Introduction to SQL/PL-SQL
    It contains two-part course on the concepts of relational databases with an introduction of Oracle. In the first part, you would be introduced about the fundamentals of relational databases and relational database design also, with an in-depth look for data modeling and data design.This part will describe you the feature of relational database management systems such as Oracle 8i and 9i. The second section of this course contains the essential SQL statements through which you can perform fundamental data access and data manipulation operations on the relational database.

DT012 --Oracle 9i/10G DBA
    In this part of the course the students will learn about the concepts of structural component of Oracle relational database. They would be trained to manage the oracle instance through provided tools.

DT013 --Oracle DBA 9i/10G Advanced
    In this part of the course the DBA's concepts and skills is to be used to build up, maintain and troubleshooting an relational database. students will learn about managing database size, Memory management, shutdown and startup process of database and environmental tuning.

DT014 --Oracle 11i Applications DBA
    This course starts with the Concepts and overview of Oracle Applications multi-tier architecture.

Difference Between OCA and OCP:

If you are going to choose DBA courses then it provide you two certificates which would be your identity and you would called as a Oracle Certified professional,The certificates are labeled as
    1. OCA (Oracle Certified Associate)
    2. OCP (Oracle Certified Professional)

When you would complete these papers you would be a OCA:
    1. IZ0-007 Introduction of SQL
    2. IZ0-031 Fundamentals of Oracle -I

and when you pass-out two papers more then you would be a OCP:
    3. IZ0-032 Fundamentals of Oracle -II
    4. IZ0-033 Oracle Performance and Tunning