Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-11-2009

How to use dataset in ASP.Net?

Hello,

I am having problem regarding the database. I am developing a project in ASP.net and wanted to connect it to the database but my problem is that i want to use dataset instead of linking it through the SQL command. Any one with the great knowledge of the ASP.NET can step forward to tell me about the same. I assume that you know how urgently i need this information.

Help will be appreciated
Old 28-11-2009

Re: How to use dataset in ASP.Net?

Hi folks,

I am giving you the simplest step to perform the dataset with ASP.NET.
To fetch the database object into dataset you have to first create database and then create database connection, dataset object. Database connection will create the connection between the database. After the connection has been established then create a dataadapter object and connect it to the database. Then fill the DataAdapter with the Fill method.

Thanks
Old 28-11-2009

Hi,

I will suggest you not to create use dataset, instead of that use link to sql. It much faster then the Dataset. Normally you will not find it difficult but when you will connect it to the database then the main problem will arise. The problem you will see after you bind the dataset to a grid as well as when you will try to introduce inline editing and paging. So in my opinion "Use SQL to perform fast.

I hope you will like the idea.
Old 28-11-2009

The DataSet, which is an in-memory cache of data retrieved from a data source, is a major component of the ADO.NET architecture. The DataSet consists of a collection of DataTable objects that you can relate to each other with DataRelation objects. You can also enforce data integrity in the DataSet by using the UniqueConstraint and ForeignKeyConstraint objects. For further details about working with DataSet objects, see DataSets, DataTables, and DataViews (ADO.NET).

To know more about the dataset click on the link below"

DATASET

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , , ,