Thread: Difference between dhtml, xhtml and xml

Difference between dhtml, xhtml and xml

Hi ,

I am beginner in the field of programming.I confused about the basic difference between dhtml, xhtml and xml.

I know that the other programming languages like c++ and JAVA, the base of these two languages is same i.e object oriented programming.

Do think these three languages(dhtml, xhtml and xml) are same? is programming base same for all these languages?are there any syntax changes?

Please recommend me to find out solution on my confusion.

Re: Difference between dhtml, xhtml and xml

1. XML:XML differentiates display and data.
    The XML (Extensible Markup Language) language is a general purpose specification used for creating custom markup language.

2. XHTML: (Extensible Hypertext Markup Language) this is a markup language that has the same depth of expression as Hypertext Markup Language i.e HTML, but it is also similar syntax as XML syntax.It is called as bridge to XML.

3. DHTML: This language does not need the server support.To run DHTML program you need a browser which has support to DHTML.

All these three language are web development languages.But Xhtml is most advanced version of HTML, defined as an XML Appl.

XML is a way to represent data within tags.XML is one of the language in which we can define our own tags as well as structure.

If you want to focus on programming for the internet you will need to know the web basics firstly which include html, css(Cascaded Style gheet) and JavaScript.

i).DHTML i.e Dynamic Hypertext Markup Language is html with the actions of javascript .

ii).XHTML is the one of the newest markup language superseding Hypertext Markup Language, This language is the combination of the XML and HTML.

iii).HTML is older version of markup language.If you are beginner in the field of the web designing then I recommend you to learn first XHTML, CSS as well as Javascript. When you become familiar with this languages then it will be very easier to understand PHP and ASP.