Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-03-2009

A simple code to Enable/Disable UAC in vista

Hey guys!
I have come across a lot of people who want to ignore security and disable UAC as they find it very irritating... So i have developed a simple batch program by combining the two different command line codes : one which diables UAC and second which enables the UAC by editing registry from command prompt.

The following code disable the UAC by editing registry :

Code:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
pause
exit
And the following code re-enables the UAC :

Code:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
pause
exit
Old 18-03-2009

Re: A simple code to Enable/Disable UAC in vista

All i have done is combined the above two commands and applied basics of branching operations of batch programming. It is very simple to understand, and to make it more simpler i've given above the code separately...

Below is the complete batch program code. Just copy the code in notepad and save the notepad file with the ".bat" extension. While running it just don't double click it. Right-Click and then click on "Run as Administrator"

Here is the code :

Code:
@ECHO OFF
ECHO 1 - Disable UAC
ECHO 2 - Enable UAC
ECHO 3 - Quit
ECHO Enter Choice.
SET /P variable=

IF %variable%==3 exit

IF %variable%==2 GOTO dis

IF %variable%==1 GOTO en

:en

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
pause
exit

:dis

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
pause
exit
Old 18-03-2009

great work. I just wonder if you can provide UAC code for windows xp operating system.
Old 18-03-2009

Hey!
There is no UAC in windows according to my knowlegde but still you can run the same code in windows XP too... It just says operation completed successfully but i don't know what it does...!

All the best...!

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,