Thread: USB problem in system

USB problem in system

1 / I just installed a printer epson DX8450, it is recognized and seems to work properly, the USB connection used is one of the outlets located directly on the motherboard, when I stop the printer - with the power button -- I have a message telling me that I disconnected usb equipment without following the usual procedure, as if I was here to "hard"! how to restore a proper connection and not have this error message to stop the printer?

2 / I have a pci card connected to the motherboard with 2 usb which is not active, long I try to activate the card without success, my motherboard is a good old EPoX 8KTA3 +, I do not know where I loaded the CD drivers for this pci card, when I go into the configure panel I have the system in line with a question mark "mass device" which is perhaps to this map pci installed, I tried to update or install a driver but without success, then how to identify with precision the pci card and where to find the driver installation to activate the USB ports on the pci card?

Thank you.

Re: USB problem in system

I am a little in the resolution of PBS, I managed to activate the USB, so the command ds bios is disabled - I found my installation cd driver came with the motherboard and apparently went well but I have a problem with the shutdown of the printer with a display of bad manip - the printer is declared by default, it prints well with my written word processing - I am pending advice - would there be a forum dealing epson malfunctions? thank you.

and if you leave the printer turned on? see if it shuts off when you shut down the PC ... if so I advise you to leave the printer turned on ...

otherwise trying to "remove the device safely" before turning off the printer ...

good luck

Ok but I can not cut into security since I have no icon "accessory USB connected" on the bottom near the clock, as is the case when I connect a photo app for example -- thank you.

Edit : the install cd I saw a folder called "Storageupdater 2K" with a file inside application "Q313600-W2K-SP4-X86FR"

would not file an addendum to pilot ships in a series to update to win 2000?

it starts to be hard to install an ordinary printer!

Above all, stop using the installation cd full of machines that serve a rien ...

Get the latest driver on the Epson site if not already done so ...

It's really a strange problem