Thread: Super Talent Rolls Out New UltraDrive Products

Super Talent Rolls Out New UltraDrive Products

Super Talent on Tuesday announced the upcoming release of two lines of enterprise-class solid-state drives (SSDs), with the UltraDrive LE and ME.

Super Talent's UltraDrive LE series SSD

Super Talent's UltraDrive LE series SSDs are state-of-the-art storage drives designed expressly for enterprise servers. With read speeds up to 230MB/sec and capacities up to 128GB, the UltraDrive is geared for applications that require exceptional sustained transfer speeds and extremely high transaction rates (IOPS).

The UltraDrive uses a standard HDD interface and dimensions, so it can be designed-in to systems with no customizations. All drives are rigorously qualified in Super Talent�s compatibility labs with strict hardware and software testing standards for consistency and functionality. Incorporating cutting edge error correction (ECC), wear leveling and bad block management technologies, UltraDrive LE SSDs also reduce maintenance costs, resulting in a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).

Specification:
    • UltraDrive LE SATA-II 25
    • 2.5-inch Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives

Capacities:
    • 16GB - 128GB

Dimension:
    • 100.2mm x 69.9mm x 9.5mm

Part Number:
    • FTD16GX25H (16GB)
    • FTD32GX25H (32GB)
    • FTD64GX25H (64GB)
    • FTD28GX25H (128GB)

Super Talent's UltraDrive ME series SSDs

Super Talent's UltraDrive ME series SSDs are our fifth-generation SSD, and offer leading-edge performance for high-end notebook computers. With read speeds up to 200MB/sec, the UltraDrive ME is geared for applications that require optimum performance.

The UltraDrive also offers higher reliability and greater resistance to shock, vibration and temperature than a hard drive (HDD). It employs a standard HDD interface and dimensions, so it's an easy drop-in upgrade for a 2.5-inch hard drive in most notebooks.

Specification:
    • UltraDrive ME SATA-II 25
    • 2.5-inch Serial ATA Solid State Drives

Capacities:
    • 16GB - 256GB

Dimension:
    • 100.2mm x 69.9mm x 9.5mm

Part Number:
    • FTM16GX25H (16GB)
    • FTM32GX25H (32GB)
    • FTM64GX25H (64GB)
    • FTM28GX25H (128GB)
    • FTM56GX25H (256GB)

Re: Super Talent Rolls Out New UltraDrive Products

Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced a new line of UltraDrive solid state drives (SSDs) that are twice as fast as the world’s speediest SATA hard drives and are offered in capacities up to 256GB. UltraDrive LE SSDs are designed expressly for enterprise servers and data centers where exceptional performance, reliability and endurance are paramount. The UltraDrive LE supports very high transaction speeds (IOPS), and supports sequential read/write speeds of 230/170 MB per second. While outperforming 10,000 RPM hard drives, the UltraDrive LE uses substantially less power and generates less heat.

Based on SLC NAND Flash, the UltraDrive LE is offered in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities.

According to Super Talent Chief Operating Officer, Mr. C.H. Lee,
    The UltraDrive LE represents a quantum leap forward in storage performance that is simply staggering. It excels in every metric that’s relevant to data centers: sequential and random read and write speeds, transaction rates and access and seek times. It also has a considerable advantage over 10,000 RPM hard drives in power consumption and MTBF. This product sets a new standard in enterprise storage.
    UltraDrive ME SSDs now represent the fastest available 2.5-inch internal storage solution for SATA-II notebooks. With sequential read/write speeds up to 200/160 MB per second, the UltraDrive ME outperforms the fastest desktop hard drives available, making it an outstanding upgrade for mobile professionals and gamers alike. As the company’s third generation MLC NAND based SSD, the UltraDrive ME offers reliability not found in competing SSDs.

Re: Super Talent Rolls Out New UltraDrive Products

The UltraDrive LE uses SLC (Single Level Cell) technology and will come with capacities of up to 128GB, boasting maximum read and write speeds of 230MBps and 170MBps, respectively. As for the UltraDrive ME, it will use the cheaper MLC (Multi Level Cell) technology, able to touch 256GB in capacity with slower maximum read and write speeds of 200MBps and 160 MBps, respectively. Other than that, both models look the same from the outside. These are tipped to be available in the market from next month onwards.