Thread: Window size problem on Windows Media Center 7

Window size problem on Windows Media Center 7

About a week ago I noted that the window size of Windows Media Center 7 had increased to 4/3, ie with black bars top and bottom channels for 16 / 9 and window filled with strings in 4 / 3. I said that my screen is 16 / 9 and defined in 16 / 9 in the parameters of Windows Media Center, and that full screen there is no problem, the chains 16 / 9 filled the screen correctly. I thought it was an update problem, which I did not do much. And then that morning, without having made special changes, then I do not think the window size returned to 16 / 9, with black bars for strings in 4 / 3 to the left and right (as normal). The passage in 4 / 3 was seen on two different PCs with windows 7 x86 and x64, yet only the x64 came back to 16 / 9. Has anyone seen this happen or has another explanation for an update from Microsoft with unfortunate return to the original?

Re: Window size problem on Windows Media Center 7

I don't know whether you have solved your problem until now but I have had this kind of trouble by administering a post MCE remote, the resolution changed during the session of remote connection. I could not change that by closing the remote session and re-parametrized resolution directly on the MCE office. I think you should also do this and make changes in the resolution as required.

First thank you for the reply, I wondered if many people used Media Center in Windows 7. I do not know if the problem is the same with me, I did not do remote control these days, on my PC I never had this problem. The only parameter I have seen is the screen size settings in the menu on the TV display setting with the choice of screen size, I understand that it relates to the screen and not necessarily the same window when MC7 is in windowed mode, but maybe also, although it is a bit stupid. The format was anyway in 16 / 9 when it posted windows in 4 / 3. I have done nothing to solve the problem in window 16 / 9 on the PC and Windows 7 x64 screen 16 / 9 after reading a file. MC7 TS HD but what relation? But on the PC in Windows 7 x32 screen that has a 4 / 3 in the display window is always in 4 / 3 and I wonder if this is normal or not. In this case it would mean that the format of the window is chosen identical to the format selected for the screen, regardless of the format of the video displayed, but precisely what was not done on the sets 16 / 9. To summarize I do not see what would be a parameter that defines the format of MC7 window mode, if it exists, or is identical to the instruction set for the screen. Anyway nothing explains my temporary problem described, which disappeared on its own.

In fact the issue is that setting the resolution of Windows Media Center is pretty lousy and sometimes erratic. Nevertheless, when it works well it's still fun to use (mostly associated with movies and my media browser). There is very little things that make it worthwhile and enables you to reduce your resolution.

Yes, basically I'm happy with media center but when I used as often happens in windowed mode in a corner of the screen menus rather made for the remote control of household etc. I like less than a good honest classic menu where you get much faster when you want in two clicks. Some will say that I can just use the Hauppauge application, but I prefer Media Center for the display quality of HD channels in particular and good management of its E-AC3 without additional codec.

The aspect ratio is nothing but the height and width of your computer screen. You can switch between 16:9 (normal screen) and 4:3 (wide screen) aspect ratio in Windows Media Center. All you have to do is press the Ctrl key on your keyboard. Keep pressing it and drag the edge of the Media center window and move the mouse till you get the required aspect ratio changes.