Thread: Recorded Shows in Window 7 Media Center

Recorded Shows in Window 7 Media Center

Hi,
    I have some recorded shows on my PC. I have an Windows 7 pc. Is it possible to share the files on a network. That means the shows which are recorded on my computer can be accessed to other users also. Even if they are are using a different operating system. Also is it possible to stream videos by Windows Live. I had tried to get some solution but no progress. If anyone is doing this then please post some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Recorded Shows in Window 7 Media Center

Yes it is possible to share the recorded TV shows on a network between different computers and operating system also. You have to just put the default directory on sharing. And then that folder can accessed by the users. The default directory for recorded shows is C> Documents & Settings > Shared Documents > Videos. Enable sharing here. Then download a DVR-MS player. Because it will not play in Windows Media Player. You will need a specific tool which can read a DVR-MS file.

It is possible to stream the recorded via Windows Live. If you are interested in viewing your favorite show anywhere you go then you can do this by the following way. First Windows 7 has feature in it which enables to stream you video from your computer. Only thing you need is Windows Live ID. Open Windows Media player and click on Stream. Seelct the option of Allow Internet access to home media. See add add. Put your detail and click on next. Install all the prompted components. Then repeat the same steps on your HTPC. Now you are remotely connected to your Home theater system and you can stream your videos.

I will recommend you to download a plug in for the same. There are ample of available right now. Download any relevant which can stream your video to another pc. Some of which I am using is NetFlix, a weather plugin, mcecontacts, cinema xml, comics, etc. There are many and I hope you can find a one for your need. If you look in the section of Network then it will be very easy for you to locate the same.