Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010

Sticky notes on Windows 7 disappeared

Today morning i have started my computer and come to know that the Sticky key is not there on my desktop and the icon for the same is changed to some default format. When i am clicking on the same to open it up i am getting the some error. I am unable to find the reason behind this. So if any one knows about the same then please provide me some help with the same. Thank you.
Old 03-08-2010

Re: Sticky notes on Windows 7 disappeared

It seems that the Windows 7 file system might got corrupted due to some installation file which is why you are getting the issue with the same. I will advise you to run then System File Checker which will detect the error on the system file and if possible then correct the same. To run the System File Checker you have to open the command prompt and then run the sfc/scannow command.
Old 03-08-2010

I will advise you to go through the clean boot of the system which will help you to run the system free with the error if any. If there is any software which might be causing the issue then this will resolve the issue related to the same that you are going through then clean boot will resolve the issue with the same. So try out.
Old 03-08-2010

I think i can help you with the problem that you are going through. Just go through the steps that will resolve the issue. Open the "C:\Windows\System32 folder in Explorer". Search for the "StickNot.exe" file and copy that file to the desktop of yours. So if you like then go through and see whether you are getting it work or not.
Old 03-08-2010

I think that there might be some of the problem with the registry entry of the Windows 7 which is related to the Sticky key. The registry entry can be get resolved with the cleaning of the registry for your system. I will advise you to through some registry cleaner utility and work with the issue. You can use the CCleaner for cleaning the registry.
Old 03-08-2010

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows Vista or Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. This article describes how to troubleshoot problems in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 by performing a clean boot. This article also describes how to start the Windows Installer service and how to reset the computer so that it starts as usual. For more help visit the Microsoft page.
Old 09-08-2010

After going through all the detail if you are still having the problem with the Sticky note in the Windows 7 then i will advise you to contact the Microsoft regarding the issue you are getting. As they are the developer of the OS and might be aware of the problem of Sticky notes. So contact them and find the solution.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,