Thread: Dual booting on HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook

Exclamation Dual booting on HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook

Hello and thank you for giving me a chance to post my problem.

I bought a computer that has windows vista installed, so i dont have the install disk to wipe it out.
    I am wanting to dual boot vista and windows xp on same drive. SO i had to make space on the hard drive. So i downloaded Acronis Disk Director Suite and made another Partition on the drive. Giveing the new partition 50 gig's to make sure i had eough room to install windows xp. C: being windows vista, D: being vista recovery, And G: set up for windows xp.

I also used a Bootable Media Builder so i can swap between them both.

Now here is my problem. When i rebooted to install windows xp to the new partition I get a error in my setup. STOP:OXOOOOOO7B After looking around on the net i came across a forum saying something about Windows XP requires a miniport driver to communicate with the hard disk controller that is used to start your computer.If Windows XP does not supply a device driver for your controller or if Windows XP is using a corrupted or incompatible driver, you must replace the driver with a valid copy that is compatible with your controller and Windows XP.

Press F6 and then follow the instructions to install a mass-storage device driver from your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

Now i am stuck. I do not know what i am suppose to do from here on out. I am trying to find out what mass-storage device driver that i am needing to get xp installed.

I know the STOP:OXOOOOOO7B could also be a virus and i've check it and system was virus free. I also ran CHKDSK /f and checked to see if there was any errors on the drive which turned out the HD is still in good shape. SO leaves me to beleave that my computer is missing the mass-storage device driver to install xp.

My computer specs:
    Manufactuer: HP
    Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook pc
    Processor AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-core Mobile RM-70 2.4GHZ
    Memory 4gb
    system type 64-bit operation system

SHORT INFO:
    Running vista-64bit
    trying to dual boot windows xp on same drive on new partition
    missing Mass-storage device driver

Thanks for reading and please leave any feed back or a link to the driver that i may need to do this. Thanks very much

Bravo

Re: Dual booting on HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook

You may check the below thread that have all the information about the dula boot methods on laptop. Check and reply.
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1088452.htm
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...all/904368.htm
    Dual boot process on Hp dv6000

Create a partition on the ha disk that you have. The a sit is been done you may then need to check out by installing the operating system. Now on the allocated size you then need to work out by installing the other Operating system. You may then get the choices for selection of the same.

Solomon thanks for the input, but sadly none of them were able to help me. Most of them were with xp alrdy installed and haveing problem with dual booting. My problem is getting the dual OS to install on the same hard drive.

i pop xp disk in and reboot, i load up the setup it does its thing, gets to the part that says starting windows and a blue screen pops up. STOP 0x0000007b

I have done all the steps that the error has to offer besides the mass storage device driver, Not sure what one i need to install on comuter

I post whole error in a few mins