Thread: Windows 7 trash disappeared?

Windows 7 trash disappeared?

HI ,
    Everything is in title, suddenly the trash folder is not visible on my desktop . I didn't changed anything. No new application installed on my windows 7 desktop. How can i recover ym trash folder again? please any idea ? i don't wanna waist my time on repair install or reinstall. Thanks in advance fpr helping me out.

Re: Windows 7 trash disappeared?

Seems like you have accidentally deleted your recycle bin folder. Do one thing, try out the system restore option. Restore your system to the date when your trash folder was visible. To do system restore in windows 7 do the following:

• Press F8 when your computer starts.
    • Choose System Recovery
    • Select System Restore.

The Recycle Bin has disappeared from the Windows desktop:
    1. Click on Start / Run and type: regedit
    2. In the registry editor open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\NewStartPanel.
    3. Edit DWORD value named (645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E).
    4. Enter data as the value of the number 0.
    5. If not open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace.
    6. Create a key named CLSID (645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E).
    7. Edit the string value (by default) that was automatically created in the right pane and enter as value data the number 1.
    8. If open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum.
    9. Remove a DWORD value named (645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E).
    10. Information) This entry is created by activating this strategy in the editor of Group Policy: User Configuration / Administrative Templates / Office: Remove the Recycle Bin icon from the desktop.

Dr. V Guest

If the Recycle Bin does not appear on the desktop, it is possible to have again on the desktop, via the changing of the registry:

• Positioning on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace
    • Create a new key with the following name: (645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E)
    • Double-click the default value to assign the following value: @ = "Recycle Bin"

It just makes the right click on the desktop, then "Customize" to bring up the customization window of Vista. In the left menu, you can then click on "Change desktop icons"

It only remains to check the boxes of items you wish to see displayed on the desktop.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Try this please

right click desktop
    select personalize
    Then on top left there is an option called 'change desktop icons'.
    Click that and then make sure recycle bin is selected.
    If it's already selected, then deselect it,
    Click OK, then go back and reselect it!

Quote Originally Posted by Melville View Post
    Seems like you have accidentally deleted your recycle bin folder. Do one thing, try out the system restore option. Restore your system to the date when your trash folder was visible. To do system restore in windows 7 do the following:

• Press F8 when your computer starts.
    • Choose System Recovery
    • Select System Restore.
    This happens to me all the time. The recycle bin icon does not appear but the words Recycle Bin are there. The recycle bin continues to work. You can right click where the icon should be and empty, open, etc. When I get annoyed enough, I right click the desktop, select Personalize, select Change Desktop Icons from the menu on the left, uncheck the recycle bin to actually remove it, and finally click the recycle bin again to get it back. PIA, but it works.