Thread: A linux "press buttons"?

A linux "press buttons"?

Hello everyone,

I'm growing Windows, but I sometimes use a live CD (Ubuntu or Toutou), to diagnose, store, or use as backup in case of Windows planted (we do not laugh in the back of the class!) I also recently utilize with great satisfaction the miniPC (NETBOOK the word is now banned!) Acer (with Linpus overlay Ergonomics I understand?) and this leads me to ask the questions:

Is there a live CD with ergonomics as simple?
    in this kind:
    visible at first, which everyone uses: email, web, text (like Abiword or Open Office), photos (small stipend), documents, record images, music files, video file, ... Otherwise, if it exists, is not on the homepage. A "minitel internet in some way, which in turn live CD or install, even on older machines ...

I mean, in ISO image, without hack. Here too, live CD ready for use or installation.

If it does not do this is in the plans of a group of Linux?

Or, is it feasible simply (as I just do it in html) by a competent amateur
    propose that this overlay in a distribution to him?

I like Toutout and Ubuntu, both systems that I vaguely glimpsed, but I do not they do what I want: Toutou proposes to mount the disk, then arboresence to Windows ... this is very public. The apps are not on the front of the stage, etc ... And Ubuntu: we see the mounting units, OK, but still tree (!), And a cloud apps to fear, which are usually embedded in the mass.

An even more radical solution might be to have only a web browser, point bar. Everything else is doing online. With an office ergonomic and simple like "opensmile. This where we are going with the photo-frame browser or wifi browser or television etc ...

Thank you that you can tell us

Re: A linux "press buttons"?

Hello, possibly trying SliTaz:
    http://www.slitaz.org/
    It is simple to use.

Very well done (also), light, and that we change a little.

Would it not make sense to go through a pitcher or any dock?

Wingit :thank you, I see that.

opaper : Unfortunately for someone growing Windows is incomprehensible
    there is only Linux that you understand ... but if this could be a track.

Dr. V Guest

I also had the opportunity to test a NETBOOK (under Linux) and have done since the inventory of all mini-distributions of this system in hopes of finding as easy (to give new life to old PC) . In addition to simplicity, I liked the icons (yours are superb) and the function that re-initialization (in case of problem) can find its host as the first day (no more re-installations).

What I found most of approaching aesthetic point of view, ease of use, lightness, is PCLinuxOS MiniMe 2008 (based on Mandriva) 297 MB.

This version includes (among others) a graphical interface to create their own live-CD (Make Live CD), another to create a bootable USB flash drive (Make Live USB key).

A note (in response to any of your questions) that Linux can create your own Live CD (GUI) to include only the applications you want.

Alix, a distribution that was best for me worked on old PC, fulfilled all the criteria we look for you and me under the simple condition ... make it more "attractive" his screen and icons.

Best regards.

Screenshots PCLinuxOS Minime:
    http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opens...p?os=pclinuxos
    PCLinux OS on Distrowatch:
    http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=04694