Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-02-2012

Not able to clear New Network Message with logmein after installing Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000

I have been using logmein for logging in to a remote machine and I was not having any issues with the same but then since after installing Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000 I am not able to clear the New Network Message, actually here the mouse click appears as if they are not getting registered and so where as the arrows/tabs and the enter does not get recognizes, is there anyone who can help me out in resolving the issue??
Old 17-02-2012

Re: Not able to clear New Network Message with logmein after installing Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000

Quote:
I have been using logmein for logging in to a remote machine and I was not having any issues with the same but then since after installing Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000 I am not able to clear the New Network Message, actually here the mouse click appears as if they are not getting registered and so where as the arrows/tabs and the enter does not get recognizes, is there anyone who can help me out in resolving the issue??
Before I suggest you something about the same I want to know the following so I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same as well:
  • Which operating system are you running??
  • Is there any other security tools installed?
  • Have you noticed any error message in the log??
Just post the answer for the above questions for further help.
Old 17-02-2012

Re: Not able to clear New Network Message with logmein after installing Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000

My system details are as followed:
Client:
  • MacBook Pro
  • Mac OSX 10.6
  • Latest LogMeIn Free Mac version
Remote Zonealarm Host:
  • Win XP SP(3)
  • LogMeIn Free latest PC version.
  • No other antivirus is installed rather than Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000
I don?t think that there us something wrong with the computer and so but then it appears as if there is some incompatibility with Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000 and the LogMeIn Free.
Old 17-02-2012

Yes there is some incompatibility between the Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000 and the current LogMeIn Free, I wanted to add that I am having the same issue, I was able to control the Zonealarm monitor with the older version of the Zonealarm free but then now I have found that we are not able to exit Zonealarm using the exit command in Tray as well, here the monitor will get open and the active commands will get highlighted as well with the update, tools, help but then they just does not respond, I have tried closing the monitor window by clicking on the X in upper corner but then even it did not helped, I really don?t know what exactly is making them to work like this and I wish this could be solved as early as possible.
Old 17-02-2012

If you are just not able to control Zonealarm programs as per the term of "Trust Level" then I think that you will have to check out some other free firewall which will help you in manipulating remotely, just check it out and see if you are able to find out one.
Old 17-02-2012

I am not very sure if you all might be willing to use this but then I have been using TeamViewer which is a remote control app and it is really working great in my case without any such issues, you can use the same for personal use as well and other than this I also wanted to share that it is having almost all of the features of Logmein, if you all want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping. Best of luck.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , , ,