Thread: AM2 + or AM3 board for the Phenom X3 II 720 BE?

AM2 + or AM3 board for the Phenom X3 II 720 BE?

I have long considered whether I am addressing an issue, "Which board AM2 +, AM3 Which Board?" annexes. Unfortunately, my question to a theme never really fit. Therefore do I make a topic on its own? I hope that's okay.

As a successor, I have the Phenom X3 II 720 BE chosen. Has my opinion a good value for money, is a good overclock, and should be the 4th Core can still unlock it the better.

I am holding right now is not sure how the new processor board is live. Will there be an AM2 + board or a AM3 board. What do you think? As a manufacturer will be there again Asus (my A8R32-MVP Deluxe) has been running since the installation problem, or I want to thank the good reputation of gigabytes of time a change type.

As a chipset, I thought at the 790GX. This would, however, in the case AM3 Gigabyte exclusive. Should there be a gigabyte board will then go to a new Board.

Offered with the Asus M4A78-was an AM3 board with 790GX chipset but since I still have not found test.

I hope you can send me again to my decision to help. At the moment I tend to cost reasons AM2 + board, but should I do with a new processor is not the same (for AMD) new technology (DDR3) use?

Re: AM2 + or AM3 board for the Phenom X3 II 720 BE?

DDR3 brings in the best case vlt.5% more performance, the decision whether the extra cost to you the value lies with you.

Additionally you save when using a AM2 + boards a few bucks (which you could be so in a XF4 invest ) and one should assume the AM2 + boards are mature.

As far as I know, is a third core on an AM3 motherboard not unlock. Thought to have been because the new bios already adjusted so that this does not work anymore.

For Asus, I would draw less current. The Boards are well equipped - but the effectiveness of the boards are on average poor. This means a system with Asus mainboard, unfortunately, has usually a higher power up to 10 watts, all other things being equal performance. This is not necessary - if you purchase at the choice. Personally, I would be buying still put on AM2 +. There is plenty of choice. And a 790GX chipset, I would also recommend that if you do not need 4 graphic slots. Ultimately, you have as price range of ~ 6400 to ~ 9600 and really bad boards I have not seen.

CPU and memory have been ordered. Only with the mainboard, I do still quite difficult. I was on it and turn the AsRock AOD790GX/128M to order. In the PCGH I have read the fan control is not so bright (audible level). Then I looked at the boards with 790X chipset viewed. A big difference to the 790GX chipset, I could not find (other than the onboard graphics). the 790GX will ever make sense? Boards with the 790X chipset is slightly cheaper than the 790GX chipset (apart from the above AsRock Board).
    What is your opinion on the 790X and 790GX? What do you Asrok to the mainboard?

Thank you.

These core functions only by activation of ACC, ie only with boards with ATi SB750. But this is rubbish anyway, just use a board with 770 ATi or GeForce 8200 chipset, and saves money, things like Crossfire, you need probably not . AsRock The fan control is in fact not the hit, but most board controls are not great, just get an Zalman Fan Mate 2 for a few €, or let the CPU fan with a fixed voltage (5V, 7V, 12V) are .