Thread: Asus M2N-E hda audio bus is required and not found

Asus M2N-E hda audio bus is required and not found

Hello Everybody ,

My Asus M2N-E onboard sound card is having a bit of problem. recently i formatted my pc and as it was asking for audio and video drivers although all the drivers install and are working properly except for sound card. If I try to install sound driver from cd there is an error "hda audio bus is required and not found". Any suggestions please? thanks in advance

Re: Asus M2N-E hda audio bus is required and not found

did you Download the Hot fix from Here as this is known issue i think your problem will be solve just try downloading this hot fix from microsoft.

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/...111&kbln=en-us

Version 1.0a of the Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver for Microsoft Windows has been released. This release supports the High Definition Audio and Modem implementations that are known to Microsoft as of August 1, 2004. This is the second version of this driver.

Version 1.0a of the UAA High Definition Audio class driver does not work on High Definition Audio implementations that were disclosed to Microsoft after August 1, 2004.

You must uninstall version 1.0 of the UAA High Definition Audio class driver before you install version 1.0a. For more information about version 1.0 of the UAA High Definition Audio class driver

Quote Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
    did you Download the Hot fix from Here as this is known issue i think your problem will be solve just try downloading this hot fix from microsoft.

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/...111&kbln=en-us

Version 1.0a of the Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver for Microsoft Windows has been released. This release supports the High Definition Audio and Modem implementations that are known to Microsoft as of August 1, 2004. This is the second version of this driver.

Version 1.0a of the UAA High Definition Audio class driver does not work on High Definition Audio implementations that were disclosed to Microsoft after August 1, 2004.

You must uninstall version 1.0 of the UAA High Definition Audio class driver before you install version 1.0a. For more information about version 1.0 of the UAA High Definition Audio class driver
    i tried this as this was the first thing i did but this does not help much and yes i forgot to mention i am using windows xp pro thanks for your suggestion

Perhaps the bus driver the system is calling for is in the chipset driver package. Expand and open the download to determine whether a bus driver is included. Please read the install notes and install hints on the download page. These are for WinXP.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf5_win2k_9.16.html

Try change Bios setting HD Audio (Auto) to disabled and reinstall your driver. I think you may need to connect the HD sound front panal to use the HD feature.

I had this problem too, for me it was caused by the HD Audio option being disabled in the bios (go to Advanced->Onboard Device Configuration) so you could try that. Also try installing the drivers that came on the installation disk first to rule out the beta drivers...

Actually the cause of problem is unavailability of hdaudbus.sys file what you need to is just find or download this find and go to device manager Right Click, PCI Device with yellow exclamation mark (This is the Audio Card)
    Left Click, Either 'Update Driver' or 'Install Driver' and when it asked you for the drivers provide the hdaudbus.sys file that it it will solve your problem good luck

ps: HDAudBus.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 138752 bytes (42% of all occurrence), 137728 bytes, 135168 bytes, 138240 bytes.The driver can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. The program is not visible. The service has no detailed description. The file is not a Windows core file. The file is a Microsoft signed file. HDAudBus.sys seems to be a compressed file

angry Re: Asus M2N-E hda audio bus is required and not found

There are 2 common problems for ASUS boards.
    1. In Device manager, PCI device is unknown (yellow question mark)
    2. Can't install HD audio driver. (e.g. Soundmax or Realtek)

2 problems are related to each other. Without fixing PCI device, the HD audio driver cant be installed.

In order to fix the PCI device (error "The HDA audio bus driver is required and not found"), we need the hotfix KB888111. However, by double click on the hotfix patch, it wont help.

Here is how:
    1. Extract the hot fix file (e.g. use Winzip). After extracting you will see a "commonfiles" folder there.
    2. In driver installation Wizard (pop up when detects new attached device), choose install from a specific location.
    3. Point the specific location to "commonfiles" folder. and click 'Next"
    The PCI device got fixed (or The HDA audio bus driver is installed).
    4. Install the Asus audio driver.

Any problem, let me know.