Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Realtek High Definition Audio doesn't install properly

XP Hardware

Old 06-10-2007

I am not able to install Audio Drivers on my system. I had changed my motherboard. I bought a ASUS P5K motherboard. After adding the board I had installed Windows XP and updated the drivers. Somehow the audio failed to work. It has a Realtek High Definition Audio chipset on the same. There is a audio driver failure. I had added all the latest patches and installed updates but still the same is not working.

Old 26-06-2008

I think you need a Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) driver for your system. If this is not available you will face the audio problem. Go in Device Manager and see whether you find anything uninstalled. Just right click on the same and choose update drivers. It can be the motherboard issue also. You can see the chip version which is provided on the board and on that basis look for proper driver on realtek official site.
Old 01-07-2008

a simple way to solve it....

I had the same problem. Follow these steps. Go to Device Manager. Inside "System Drivers" that is a Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio. Right click it and DISABLE. Right click it again and UNINSTALL. Now you are able to start SETUP.exe and install realtek driver. This problems happens because windows added its own driver and it does not allow realtek driver to complete its installation.
Old 12-08-2008

Go in bios and check the audio settings. Some bios offer you to enable and disable audio from bios. Re-install the audio driver one more time and check in event viewer. The driver might be failing due to which you are getting the error. I had faced the same issue with UAA. Just right click on the same in Device Manager and then re-install it. You can click on update to collect some recent updates for the same.
Old 25-09-2008

I have a problem installing Realtek High Definition Audio drivers. When installing the most recent driver from Realtek the cd , the driver installation stops with an error message: Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure !! When I look at the device manager, it says that the drivers are not installed. I'm using an ASUS M2A-VM motherboard with onboard audio enabled in the BIOS. Also using WinXP Pro with all the latest patches. I also tried to uninstall the High Definition Audio driver from the device manager, but I'm getting an error saying that it's not possible to remove it because it is required for booting the OS. I had install the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) 888111 driver. I saw a couple of threads on similar issue, but can't find a clear solution for that. Please help me with this issue.
Old 23-05-2009

Re: Realtek High Definition Audio doesn't install properly

Thank u guys for the great work. i also was suffering from this problem. thank to u guys it is sorted. thank u all again..
Old 16-01-2010

Hello

how are you and thank's for your Help i will and Sound is Great.

One's again Thank's Mr:Chris Redard
Old 01-12-2010

i hope everybody solved the problem...reply back if there is any issue

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , ,