Thread: 2 rear in 5.1 speaker set problem

2 rear in 5.1 speaker set problem

hello

when i play a music track(mp3 for example) theres no sound comming out of my 2 rear speakers but when i play a movie there is....any idead whats going on with this speaker set?
    speakers : Logitech Z506
    sound card : Diamond XS51

thanx in advance

Re: 2 rear in 5.1 speaker set problem

i found some aditional information that could maybe help
    when im playing an mp3 with media player i have to switch my speaker configuration to 2 speaker mode in order to get sound out of all the speakers...the outcome sounds rly fake and not pleasant for a 30 euro sound card...i tested this out on the stock sound card and it worked all fine...there was sound comming out of all the speakers with no problems at all...the sound card is absolutely not playing up.

Is that sound card made up for 5.1 channel speaker speaker system? Some sound cards are only compatible for 2.1 channel. See if there is any special Audio manager software for their speakers. I heard that now Logitech offering their own software for compatible peripherals to customize the settings. if your Realtek sound manager is not recognizing the sound card properly then you should try alternative way. There are some threads on this forums which are discussed about something similar issue. I hope that they can help you out:

Sound card not supporting Soundmax 5.1 speakers
    Rear speakers not working of Philips 5.1 speakers in my desktop
    Can't get proper setup for 5.1 speakers
    How to solve Realtek HD sound problems in 5.1 speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Amma-Watson View Post
    Is that sound card made up for 5.1 channel speaker speaker system? Some sound cards are only compatible for 2.1 channel. See if there is any special Audio manager software for their speakers. I heard that now Logitech offering their own software for compatible peripherals to customize the settings. if your Realtek sound manager is not recognizing the sound card properly then you should try alternative way. There are some threads on this forums which are discussed about something similar issue. I hope that they can help you out:

Sound card not supporting Soundmax 5.1 speakers
    Rear speakers not working of Philips 5.1 speakers in my desktop
    Can't get proper setup for 5.1 speakers
    How to solve Realtek HD sound problems in 5.1 speaker
    at first i bought the diamond xs71 and then realised that there was the xs51 as well in the store so i returned the 7.1 and got the 5.1, just because my speaker system is 5.1.i had the very same problem with both cards

http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/439/...s&bit=&osid=14

theres no software for this specific program

im looking into the links u gave me atm
    thanx

Quote Originally Posted by galvador View Post
    i found some aditional information that could maybe help
    when im playing an mp3 with media player i have to switch my speaker configuration to 2 speaker mode in order to get sound out of all the speakers...the outcome sounds rly fake and not pleasant for a 30 euro sound card...i tested this out on the stock sound card and it worked all fine...there was sound comming out of all the speakers with no problems at all...the sound card is absolutely not playing up.
    Some of the mp3 files may not have 5 tracks, most of them have only two tracks front left and front right. You will notice the same with a low quality video files as well, because some of the video files also have only two audio tracks. If you get the correct 5.1 channel output with video, it suggests that your sound card and speaker system is working fine and the real culprit is the mp3 file. I would suggest you to go to mp3raid and try downloading a high quality mp3 which has a large file size around 8-10 mb or above. See if it works.

2 rear in 5.1 speaker set problem

faidoc

i see what ur talking about.so my speaker system works fine.
    what u suggested didnt solve my problem

thank u very much

Hmm... I think we need more research on this. I will let you know as soon as I find something useful.

Well, if you are having the Realtek Audio Manager, then open it up and you will come accross speaker configuration that will allow you to test all of your speakers. This will let you know if your speakers aren't working, if some are, or if some are working in place of others. Also, in the same configuration page, you will have to line up your cords from the subwoofer to the computer's ports. Also try to uninstall and reinstall the sound card drivers and see if that solves the issue.

i will install windows xp now and see whether the same problems comes up as well

i think that we may be trying to resolve this issue in vain

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2968/unleddtn.png