Thread: Bios upgrade advice for D945GTP, D945PLM motherboard

Bios upgrade advice for D945GTP, D945PLM motherboard

I have two desktop at my home both of them have an Intel D945GTP and D945PLM motherboards respectively. i have purchased these motherboards along with the CPU before 3 years back and hence i am looking forward to upgrade the BIOS for D945GTP, D945PLM motherboards. Please suggest me a solution regarding this matter. Links will be appreciated.

Re: Bios upgrade advice for D945GTP, D945PLM motherboard

Updating bios on a motherboard is like you know a delicate operation that requires taking the maximum precautions. Its realization is more not always that easy and has already cooled more than one, particularly because of the use of a command line interface. Perform the update bios only when necessary i.e. for example if it brings support for a new processor you want to install or if it fixes a problem you are experiencing.

To facilitate this operation, sometimes indispensable, motherboard manufacturers are developing for several years now, software can perform this operation directly from the operating system in a graphical user interface. It may appoint such and utilities ASUS LiveUpdate, LiveUpdate MSI, Gigabyte or Abit Bios FlashMenu. A more simpler and easier method to update the BIOS is to search for an update on the website of the manufacturer.

Formerly called into question the reliability of the software is now acquired and is theoretically identical to that of a manual flash bios in DOS provided that certain instructions are followed. A dossier detailing the manual update bios is already available on Intel.com. The more experienced users probably still prefer this method. Hope you will get the update soon.

I would suggest you to use these Windows flash utilities are generally consistent with the relatively recent motherboards. The FlashMenu Abit still supports a total of sixty different Abit motherboards. Both bios used on PCs are supported by this utility to find the bios AMI and Award bios. Let me also say, you never know, there is no question of using such utility FlashMenu Asus motherboards. Each of these utilities is specific to the motherboard manufacturer's correspondent.

Firstly, download from Abit the latest installation file FlashMenu. Then run the installation takes only a few seconds and then open the software via "Start / Programs". A window then we shall immediately warned about the risks associated with this operation. Finally the application will search for the latest drivers and install them as soon as it finds the new update
    Last edited by deoWo; 29-06-2010 at 10:57 PM.

You need to download the updated BIOS from the official website of the manufacturer of your motherboard (see photo). You can find the Internet addresses of the major manufacturers on this site. After downloading the update your BIOS on the hard disk, run the utility by double-clicking it.