Thread: Excel 2007 compatibility mode and Offline files and shared workbooks

Excel 2007 compatibility mode and Offline files and shared workbooks

I have some problem with Windows 7 offline files. I have an Excel 2003 workbook on a network share and it is available offline. The network share is normally online and the properties for the file show it as online, the computer is a desktop one and always offline and I am using offline files to index the share due to Microsoft leaving the feature out of Windows 7 indexing. When I open the file in Excel 2007 Service Pack 2 and then check the file properties offline files tab then it states "This file is offline with unsynced changes. Press "Sync" to synchronize." There shouldnt be a Sync now option and also why is there a checkbox that you can clear that does nothing on the same tab? Does anyone know why is this happening?

Satyrs Guest

Re: Excel 2007 compatibility mode and Offline files and shared workbooks

To create a shared workbook that can be used simultaneously by multiple people, do the following. Create the folder to share (File / New or by clicking the New button ). Because the worksheets in your workbook will be used by different people, be sure to format the content in a clear and concise. You can also add comments cell containing instructions and usage tips. On the Tools menu, click Share Workbook. When the dialog box appears, click the Edit tab ccliquez. The following dialog box appears. Select the checkbox Allow multi-user editing to set the workbook as a shared workbook, and then click OK. A dialog box appears and asks if you want to save your workbook (if required if the workbook must be shared). Click OK to save the workbook.

Re: Excel 2007 compatibility mode and Offline files and shared workbooks

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem than you.
    After a lot of search on the web, i found only your post.
    Do you have found a solution ?

Thank you very mutch.
    chacho.