Thread: Windows mail reply problem

Windows mail reply problem

Hey guys, need some urgent help form you all. I’m using Windows mail on Vista laptop. There is no problem in sending or receiving mails but whenever i try to reply any message by clicking on Reply button, it gets failed with the following error message:

"The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'juno.com'. Subject 'Re: Enquiry form', Account: 'hwk', Server: 'smtp.juno.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 Domain name required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC78"

I don’t have any idea what could be the cause of this issue. Request you guys to please help me out of this as soon as possible. Thanks for all your suggestion.

Re: Windows mail reply problem

Well the problem seems to be related to juno.com server itself. Have you tried setting up smtp.juno.com and pop.juno.com for sending and receiving server respectively? If not, just try doing it now from Tools > Accounts > <account name> > Properties > Servers tab. Here do the settings for authentication and username/password.

Re: Windows mail reply problem

To be frank I personally have not heard any email address with juno.com. Are you sure this is correct email address? Just ensure that both sender and recipient email addresses are valid and in proper format. Try again.

Damn, the sender email address was itself wrong and hence i was getting that error. such a silly mistake. Thanks BTW Epstein.