Thread: Is Trickster a good app for finding recent files

Is Trickster a good app for finding recent files

What you guys think about Trickster. I found this app on Mac store and it shows that it will help you to easily access files opened recently. I was quiet fed with some files that I had opened up and forgot where I kept them. I even did not remember the full name. For that I was trying to find a history type app that can help me to keep track of my last files.

I found this one. I checked on web and found that this is a new app made to locate your recently opened file. I just want to know that is it worth buying. I want this one for my pc.

Re: Is Trickster a good app for finding recent files

You can simply test that. There is nothing great in the app. The best part is that it is easy to use and helps you to locate recently used files on the basis of 4 categories. They are Favorites, Documents, Pictures, Applications and Dropbox. Under this you can simply click and locate your files. You can take a quicklook of the same without opening it up. It happens ample of time when you create a folder and move it somewhere. But after some time or days when you try to find that you can see it. At that time the default finder does helps much. So you can go for the app. The app comes with a trial period. You can test and then buy it.

There are not advance features but it is very helpful for those who has many important files and they do not remember when they had stored it. It has a simple explorer type window with listed categories on the right side. It offers you view customization and listing by alphabets. The app is not available for iphone or ipad. It only works for the desktop pc or laptops.

It is a good productivity tool and you can find a free download of the same with limited time period. Very nice to find your apps, files, photos, etc in-case you forgot where you had kept them. It can be like a swiss knife of your system.

Trickster is for those who simply needs to quickly access their files without navigating inside multiple folders. With the help of this you can simply find any recently used files and applications also. Anyhow it is just a type of advance version for finder.

You can simply keep a customized menu bar to list your favorite files and access them anytime. Trickster keep a record of your last open files, browsing history, download folder, etc. Good for those you has tons of messy stuff in their system and has no time to arrange it. I was wondering that this app must have a free version also. The app store shows that it you have to pay $9.99 to buy it. That is actually not a costly price but to some extent I would not prefer to go for paid tool. If you are in urgent need for a good finder type tool then you can check this out.

What you can do, is simply drag the files and drop it to open it instantly. You can preview the files before opening up. There are certain preset filter that you can check to find out specific types of files. Like for long list of audio files you can simply use the audio filter and find the files. There are settings by which you can make your own type of filter.

It is a productivity tool and provides you simple features to control and navigate files. There is one more app called as TotalFinder. You can test this also. It is entirely different and much easy to use.

I had tested trickster and it is good. It can help you to find and locate files much easily. The interface is simple and there is nothing special here. The app just gives you similar feature of finder but in bit different way. Anyhow if you have a quiet large database and you need to find a single file you can type the name in search box and locate it. Of you just need video files recently views, click on the right video tab and you can find all the videos list just by then. The same thing is also application for apps in mac. The categories that are displayed on the left side makes it more comfortable to use.

The app is just find my recent file type thing. And if you do not have any advance usage then avoid buying it. There are some free file finder for mac available and some of them are also free. One of them is Easyfind. This app also helps you to locate documents very easily. You just need to find desktop search apps in mac store and you can find many of them.

Trickster looks easier. After reading this thread I had downloaded a trail and tested that. It is far more better. I will recommend you to test that one, and you will surely buy after using it.

Even I agree Trickster is good. I was confused with a game which has the same name and it is on iphone. I had also tested this. What I found that the app keeps a record of recently opened files. It does not matter if it is a facebook photo, or a game or application, etc. With the settings you can modify the memory settings. By default the app keeps a track of your all records for 7 days and the older data is wiped out.

If you forget where you had saved a file then you can launch this and category wise locate the files. The best thing that I liked about this is that it has a category box. The box allows you to locate the respective files instantly. There is a quicklook feature. I never thought this will be integrated here. This quicklook features helps you to see the files instantly. The application supports all keyboard stuff and is easier to navigate. You just need to drag the files in trickster and that's all. Your files remains in history and can be checked anytime. Filter is another important feature that you must use if you test this application. You can simply make your own filter to find specifics files only.

It looks that this application has multiple usage. If we check the features properly then paying $9.99 is not bad for the same.