Thread: How to step by step rotate a video in vlc media player.

How to step by step rotate a video in vlc media player.

i was previously using windows media player to play a file. but in this default windows player some file didn't seemed to play so i choose vlc media player and it worked fine to a play all files. however these days some of my videos are playing invertedly or is rotated. can i have the possible;e solution for it. please help me as i want to play the video.

Re: How to step by step rotate a video in vlc media player.

i can explain this method of inverting in a step wise manner to you. the steps to follow during this process are
    1. move to the Preferences in the VLC when you open the video in the VLC player
    2. click the button marked with "instead of "Basic" at the time of opening of Pref window .
    3. Go to Video in the Filters and then to the Transformation segment.
    4. you will find Transformation drop-down, where you have to select the degree of rotation. If the video is sideways, then choose "270 degrees"
    5. save afterward.
    6. open the video and , go to "Window" in the Extended Controls.
    7. In the EX pop up, from the drop down, choose "Video Filter" . Then have a check over "Transformation".
    8. The video will tend to close afterward.
    9. It should be rotated after the Re-opening of the video file. adjust the degree of rotation If this does not occur.

i think the simple process to solve is by reinstalling the vlc media player and then test the video. there could be some problems with the setup file and reinstalling may solve these difficulties. or simply try in the windows media player or any other player supporting it.

there are external controls which with you can easily invert your video. you may be finding options, ti do these by opening the video player and then in the settings you will be able to use the option there. it will be because your video supporting more pixels and then not adjusting the size. maximize the window and right click on the screen. you will find the video options there.

i would like to provide some solution, to those using iPhone or issues those related with mobile phones. there are problems at the time of recording the video.
    1. in landscape position present on a tripod holder, try to take video with iPhone 4S mounted position. as a result of this,
    2. the home button present on the left in addition with the volume control buttons will be palced on the top right facing the view screen
    3. try to Open CameraRoll and make use of iPhoto to have a download of videos from the iPhone 4S to a MacBook Pro which runs on the latest Lion.
    4. afterward make a verification of that downloaded files and play correctly in iPhoto.
    5. Drag the particular video file from iPhoto to the Finder desktop and make a verification of that video playing correctly with QuickTime Player, meaning the right side up.
    6. make use of the VLC Mac latest version so that you will be able to open the video file on the finder desktop. make a notice of one thing that VLC plays the file upside down.
    7. make use of Plex Laika so that you will be able to open the Finder file and notice that Laika also will be able to play the file in the upside down manner.
    8. make a addition of the video file to Plex server and take a note that it plays upside down on another, older MacBook pro which runs on the Snow Leopard.

there are some questions regarding about the playing of both VLC and Plex file in an upside down manner.
    • in moving files to a Finder folder from Camera Roll, you can make use of Apple's Image Capture app which works for this purpose.
    • as a result of this it will enable to rotate the resultant iPhone 4S appropriately for videos taken with Home button up, down, on right of on left.
    • VLC and Plex both with Home Button present on the left puts the image up side down on the Mac.
    • the image is correctly oriented on the Macn with the help of home button on right.
    • the left side of the image will be present on the top side of the Mac screen by means of home button up,
    • the left side of the image will be present on the bottom of the Mac screen , by means of home button down.

you should check for the video whether it is already in the inverted position. there are chances where you find that the video captured from your device could be taken in an inverted directions and that may be the reason for you that the video appears to be in an inverted position. check the video first.

there is a setting present in the VLC video media player to display your video in a clockwise or anti clock wise manner. try to invert in manner which is possible for you. this could be the other way to solve it.

there are other steps to do so. try with the below mentioned instructions.
    1. select Tools from the Menu bar and select Effects and Filters, after opening of the video from the source.
    2. tick the Transform check box and select your degrees of rotation, which will appear on the Video Effects tab. The video is rotated counter-clockwise, so if you wish to rotate clockwise 90 degrees you will require to choose rotate by 270 degrees.

there are users with the usage of SMPlayer and to them i can say that you will be able to make rotation of video by going to the Video menu and afterward Rotate and to Rotate by 90 degrees clockwise or counter-clockwise. they can try with any efficient method with it. You will be able to flip the video vertically or horizontally position by going to Video and then to Flip Image or Video in the Mirror Image.

thanks for all those replies. yes i was definitely helped with this replies. it was an easy job. i first made a check for my video and then tried with different methods.