Thread: How to make Adobe Flash Player 11 work on Linux mint 11

How to make Adobe Flash Player 11 work on Linux mint 11

Yesterday I installed Linux Mint 12 on an old system. Everything is working fine but I am not able to make the Flash plugin to work in any of the browsers like Firefox or Opera. When I type "about:plugins" in both browsers, then the Flash plugin seems to be there but if I am visiting any website that uses Flash then I cannot see any flash contents over there. Can anyone tell me how do I get it to work? Thanks

Re: How to make Adobe Flash Player 11 work on Linux mint 11

You need to uninstall the flashplugin-installer package and have to install mint-flashplugin-10.3 by using the Software Manager. After that flash plugin will start working in both Firefox and Opera. You can even try to uninstall the mint-flashplugin-10.3 and install mint-flashplugin-11 which will keep on working from now on in your operating system. Hope this helps.

Re: How to make Adobe Flash Player 11 work on Linux mint 11

I was also facing same problem after installing and configuring Flash-Aid for Firefox. I also ensure that the adobe-flashplugin and adobe-flash-properties-gtk were not installed via software manager and then reinstalled mint-flashplugin-10.3 and then up to mint-flashplugin-11. Now it is working fine and I dont have the issue any more. I dont know why it behaves like this way but since it got fixed so I am at rest.

Can you tell me whether your flash player is working fine till now? I am asking this because I was facing a similar issue in Lubuntu using an AMD Athlon processor which was not SSE2 compatible. So, now I am using the Shockwave Flash version 11.1.101 which seems to be working but is not highlighted as Vulnerable and it gets automatically disabled, so I have to enable it again for every website.