Thread: Compiz crashes when using Firefox in Linux mint?

Compiz crashes when using Firefox in Linux mint?

My trouble is that my Compiz effects stop working at random. The edges of the windows disappear for a few seconds, the flash of everything, and then everything looks normal, except that none of my Compiz effects will work harder. I have to go out and fix it again. The only thing I noticed is that always happens when Firefox is open. Sometimes I'm reading a page and I'm not doing anything and that will happen yet.

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite laptop. Linux Mint 11 (however, also had the same problem on Ubuntu Linux Mint 10 and 10.04).I get the following information from my lspci graphics card.
    code
    Code:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
    00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Re: Compiz crashes when using Firefox in Linux mint?

Are you using the Emerald window decorator by chance. After a clean install of Debian recently I noticed a similar problem (though it was running VLC would kill him here). Off I went to the emerald and gtk window decorator and troubles magically disappeared.

If you make use of emerald merely for the principle of transparency, lucidity can be achieved with gtk for a couple of configuration changes yoru gconf:

Code:
    gconf-editor
    Find apps / DAS in the left panel and highlight it. At the turn of hand metacity_theme_active_opacity metacity_theme_opacity right pane and your taste (1 is fully opaque and 0 is transparent). Floating-point values in the middle of giving different degrees of opacity.

I did the downgrade few weeks ago and that seems to work for a while, but recently began performing again. Sorry. Maybe I should have mentioned it.

It has been updated. Just double checked. : / I have read the release notes and knew that there were errors, but I would not just give up on it. I've done things in the past, when people told me that it might give up. To me, that's what he has to do with Linux. If I can find a solution or not remains to be seen, but I'm certainly going to have all the information you can get and keep trying.

For anyone who has experienced the same trouble, this is what I found. I realized that I could crash at will when he was around my bookmarks Firefox too fast. I make up, burn, and companion of all animations enabled for both opening and closing.

When you and burn are not authorized to open animations or animations mutually closely, stops crashing.