Thread: What is the Message rate limit on Outlook in Office 365?

What is the Message rate limit on Outlook in Office 365?

Hello guys, I think I am not asking any fool question here, so in return I will get some genuine replies to the same, as while the users on outlook use to send mail combine to that also to the hundreds of recipient at a time and just after that they also use to get there account blocked from sending any further mails and not even they are reaching above the 1400 – 1500 recipients and the message are addressed to a single recipient and only thing I know is the message rate limit is exceeding. So anyone over here has idea about this problem. So please suggest some solution or trick to avoid this. Thanks

Re: What is the Message rate limit on Outlook in Office 365?

Even I am also getting the same problem after sending mail using outlook and sending via office 365, and my account is disable for sending any further mails, but this not happens every times, it occurs occasionally, so if someone over here know about this matter better then help me out and also my recipient numbers are not exceeding 1500 and even though my mails got block.

Make a note that the limitation which is apply on the sending of mail from outlook is applied to the domain and it also differs from domain to domain and depends on how lengthy your domain had been enrolled for the service and also at the time when the setting are modified in the Microsoft datacenters and it will also take a bit time for applying the changes made to all the current existing customers.

And also you should be aware about the size of the message you are sending through the outlook and the maximum size of the email message and addition to this the message size consist of header and the message body and any file attach to that and please make the note that email client you are using have the limit over the size of a individual file attach to it and it should be lesser then the message size limit as for instance which being in in Outlook Web App then maximum file of individual you can attach is 10 MB not much more then, so please keep this basic thing in mind while using outlook

Sorry to say but users have no power over the message rate limit and will only be fixed at 30 messages per minute not more than that, and it has been told that message rate limit only rely with the individual file limits and while any other limitation are rely on total number of recipients for example one can send message to utmost 1500 recipient in a day ( 24 hours) and if you exceed this then you will be block from sending any further email.

Agree with the above statement that you should exceed 1500 recipient in the 24 hours and addition to that you can also send to utmost 500 recipient in the one email which you are sending. And in the case you can compress your message in the mean that you are sending one message to several recipients and not to sending the one message to each recipient separately, so this will go through the message rate limit and you will not get blocked from sending mail through Outlook. I hope this information will help in dealing with your problem.