Thread: Skype not working with other programs

Skype not working with other programs

Recently I have been using skype as my friends suggested that I can make free or cheap call through it to anyone anywhere in the world so I thought that I need to give it a try and thus I downloaded it and installed ti and I was shocked to see that it was not working with other programs that I was using. I mean was the a bug in skype or was it the same way that the skype coded it for, there are many problem that are associated with this and I don’t know where to start from.

Re: Skype not working with other programs

There have been many issues relating to the use of skype with other programs but all these issues very caused due to the programs that were running besides the skype as many of them already know that the coding done for skype is extremely poor and there is no way you could run that with other application, As the coding of skype is case sensitive there are many other reasons that can cause a problem.

I had similar problem while I replayed songs on it via VLC player and alongside I used skype , the songs just played in the vice but , I could not hear anything from the speakers that were attached to it this error could be with my audio drivers but , when I turned off them and then restarted them after closing skype , I had no problem so that s the problem with skype’s coding. AND mind you there is no solution for this .

Yes there are many problem including the browser like chrome , Firefox and internet explorer, ,the skype also cause a problem with other application like I tunes and quick time player , but mind you these problem occur only when you have a skype window opened alongside the application that you are running . I suggest you to first close all these application and then run the skype one ,

I a downgrade would never be a wrong suggestion in your case as the some of them never get a problem while some do get a problem .so I suggest you to downgrade the latest version that you are using to a an older version which might just help you to get your problem solved . to downgrade your skype you first need to go un-install the current version and then install previous version and I guess that would work perfectly fine with you.

You cannot avoid this problem as the developer of t\skype have already claimed this problem and they say that this cannot be undone and this is a drawback that is faced by the skype , If you cannot restart and application after it had issues skype then I suggest you to delete that from the task manager from the task manager. This would help you to stop the application from running entirely. And then give it a force restart.

Seems that there is a lot of problem with the Skype running with other programs and I though that I was the only one who is having the problem as there are many other who are having a similar problem I don ‘t understand why this problem seems to appear on me as I previously never had such problem with yahoo messenger . I guess I now would have to shift back to yahoo messenger as it work’s in harmony with other programs.