Thread: How to install Adobe flash CS3 using Wine?

How to install Adobe flash CS3 using Wine?

I have new to Wine , I just heard on the internet that it s good in using , hence I opted for trying it out , I am also new to Linux ( Ubuntu ) as I still don ‘t know how to use most commands . I have somehow installed wine in my pc. And now want to install Adobe flash cs3 through wine on Ubuntu. Because as I am changed my platform from windows to Ubuntu I would no longer be able to work on windows. Hence trying to install adobe cs3 or 4 on Ubuntu so that I can continue working on flash cs4.

Re: How to install Adobe flash CS3 using Wine?

There is one question I need to ask you why do you need to install adobe flash cs3 on Ubuntu is that for seeing flash on website? If yes, then there are many other options available You can just install flash player through Wine and the works perfectly fine with Ubuntu. OR are you on creating and running flash movies, that consists of linear and vector animation and creating files with an extension of .swf and .flv extension‘s ?

To install Adobe cs 3 or 4 on Ubuntu is very easy. And the fact is it not only installs on Ubuntu but also works faster on it as compared to Windows. First install wine and then Adobe cs3 .There two ways of installing Abode Cs 3 depending from where you install it from either CD- Rom or your local disk .If it saved on some location the type this command (“/home/vishal/desktop/cs3/flashcs3.exe) in terminal to launch the application you will need to click on application tab and then go to wine and then programs and then select Adobe cs3 in it .And now restart your pc to see the changes been made.

This a hard fact that you should know is that CS3 can never be installed on Ubuntu , and if it could then it would be working the same way as it did on Windows platform. This is because the adobe cs3 is packed in .MSI which is itself buggy in wine. There is a other way round , I don ‘t know if it works , You can try tinyxp, which can successfully run’s internet explorer in Ubuntu .The applications that could not be run in wine could possibly can be played on tinyxp , I guess.

You are right; there is no Linux version for adobe Dreamweaver CS3 that could be installed on Ubuntu or any Linux platform via Wine .The only way to try this out, is to port it over Windows, this can be done by copy pasting Ubuntu in five folder of ubuntu .Open file manager in windows and then navigate to C :\...adobe and copy the folder to C:\ubuntu\..... home\... .wine then go to application data folder file manager when in windows If you still can ‘t find the folder in c:drive ,show on tools and check if your systems shows hidden folder . Once you see the folder copy the whole folder to Ubuntu /home/vishal/.wine/….

Then again go to file manager and go to common file in program files and then copy the marcomed folder to Ubuntu same folder above that lands with .wine , again go to file manager in windows and copy the whole WinS*S folder to Ubuntu in .wine folder. Now you are done with the easy part and now begin the harder part. You know need to import Dreamweaver registry to Wine ,for this go to Windows and run command prompt and type this command regedit. This will open a new pop up then navigate to H_key Local_machine and then navigate to Dreamweaver. Then Right –click on “Dreamweaver ‘folder and the select ‘Export ‘and save the file as Dreamweaver.reg. Now run this file in terminal window on Linux .