Thread: Mint 10 crashes chromium-browser

Mint 10 crashes chromium-browser

Hi all, I am new to the Linux mint. Earlier, I was using the Windows 7 but recently the mint release of the Linux operating system attracted my interest towards it and I switched to it. When I was using the Windows 7 then I was using the Google chrome to browse the internet and after switching to the Linux mint 10, the first thing that I did is to download the chromium-browser. It works well in many parts but I have come to meet a small number of crashes. The initial that I become aware of is while loading the homepage of iGoogle. It closes the browser and gives me some error message. This also happens if I click on the text box in twitter and start typing there.

Re: Mint 10 crashes chromium-browser

Have you attempted to fix the fix broken packages? I am saying this because some of the package of that may be not installed properly and that is the reason that you are getting problems like this. So download and install the broken packages. Whenever I get any problem with any of the application then I also do the same and this solves the issue for me. I hope that installing the broken packages will help you to solve the issue with the browser.

It may be due to improper installation of the browser. If you have not installed that properly then also it will give you such response. So my suggestion to you is to remove the browser completely from your system and install that again. It will make the entire fresh file and your problem will be solved. I have seen many of the cases like this where installing the app again solves the issue. So I consider that there of more chances of resolving this issue with this way.

There are many other browsers available on the web that can also do well in browsing. So if you are not able to use this then you can search for such browsers and install that in your system and try to use that. This is because many of the times some application is not compatible with the system and we will get the same error all the times when we install that. So in short, you should switch to some other browser.

This also possible that the Linux Mint 10 operating system that you are using is having problem with that and so you are getting problem with the browser. So if you are not able to resolve the problem with the browser then you can try to install the operating system again and see if that is able to help you or not. But before doing this, you should ensure that you have already tried all the possible solution for this and this is your last option to solve the issue. Good Luck!!!

Have you tried by reinstalling the browser? If the problem is with the setup that you are using to install the browser then you will get the issue back again and again. So one more thing that you can try is to download the new setup from internet for this browser and then install from this newly downloaded setup. I can say this because many of the times while downloading the setup, some files get corrupted if the internet connection is not proper or there can be many other reasons for that.