Thread: Troubleshooting rip tab in windows media player 10

Troubleshooting rip tab in windows media player 10

I have installed windows media player 10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Laptop because of its advanced features. After the installation of windows media player I am unable to find the rip tab on it. I want to rip the CD in windows media player but I am unaware of the steps to rip it. I need a solution through which I can rip the CD in windows media player.

Re: Troubleshooting rip tab in windows media player 10

You can rip the music in windows media player very easily. To rip the CD in windows media player you have to click on the windows media player icon from the desktop to open it. After opening the media player select organize from the file menu. In the organize window click on the options button and then select rip music tab. Now you can add the music to the rip tab easily and go from here.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution it was possible for me to rip the CD in windows media player. Some times while using the windows media player I am getting C00d1199 error code. I am unaware of the steps to solve this error code and therefore I need a solution for troubleshooting this problem so that I can use media player efficiently.

You can play the DVD using windows media player. While playing DVD with windows media player you might be getting C00d1199 error. If you are getting C00d1199 error cod then you can solve this error by the following steps:
    • You should check that you are opening your DVD file with correct media player application. If you are getting this error message again then you can exit the program and reopen it.
    • You can download and install InterVideo DVD XPack plug-in which is having codec’s that will decode your DVD and provide it to the media player application.
    • If you are using windows vista operating system then you can download and install PowerDVD SE which will help you in playing DVD files.

You can rip the CD in windows media player by following the steps given below:
    • Open the windows media player windows by selecting it from start menu.
    • Click on open and then click on rip tab from the top of my computer window
    • Now you can insert the CD into the CD-ROM and your system must be connected to the computer. After you are connected to the internet you can find track titles.
    • Depending upon the settings, rip should start automatically. Inside the choice screen, you can select either “Only when in the rip tab” or “Never”.
    • If the rip is not selected then the CD will be saved into the library. After the CD has been finished it will be ejected immediately.