Thread: Blog Writer in Windows live not responding

Blog Writer in Windows live not responding

I am having a DELL computer with the windows XP operating system; it works great with all the features. Usually using the machine for the internet access from both the home and the office. I tried to install the writer for the windows live but not able to install this one, there is an unexpected ted error occurred while I tried to make the changes in the blog. I am using the windows live from the few months back. It gives me network connection error, what should I do? Any suggestion to install the writer.

Re: Blog Writer in Windows live not responding

I hope the process will help you to make a blog account to Writer in the windows live. I think you not make the proper windows live credentials, so go through the following step by step process. I hope this will help you.
    1. Go to the Start, click “All Programs,” go to the “Windows Live,” and then click on “Windows Live Writer.”
    2. , On the Blogs menu, select the blog that you want, if you are using more than one Writer blog.
    3click on “Edit blog settings.”, .under the Blogs menu,
    4. On the Account tab, under the Configuration section, click on “Update Account Configuration.”
    5. Change or update blog home page and your user name and password of the web address, and then click on “Next.”
    6. Confirm your settings, and then click “Finish.”

I had the similar issue on my computer with the windows live application, after that I found the “htaccess” as the solution of the problem , then I put it in the server, and it will surely help me to access the writer in the windows live. One of my friends is also trying with this one; it also works on his problem. So I provide the access code for you to insert it in the server. insert the code in the server access option which will help you to locate and then install the witter blog in the windows live.
    <ifmodule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </ifmodule>
    Last edited by Jackson2; 29-10-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Windows Live Writer which is allows you to post blog entries directly from the browser internet explorer to your blog. You simply add the link and the image, maps or the live maps or more than that, you can use the blog if you are having more than one blog, for the writer post or the any one blog in your system. I think that is not properly installed in the computer, I am giving you the simple procedure for the installation of the windows live writer, just follow this it will help you to install the windows live writer. Open the toolbar of the windows live then go to the toolbar option, in the left side you will found the install option button, in the right side you will get the option t download and the install the windows writer, it will install the writer, then go to the blog button under the toolbar menu, select the blog for access and enjoy the blogging service in your windows live.

The first step is that to install the windows live writer in the windows live application, the writer is the part of the Windows Live Essentials, it is a package that offers from the Microsoft which includes the photo and the movie editing software also the instant messaging, email and the blogging and along with the other stuffs. The windows live writer installation is a very simple; you can get this from the tool option of the windows live and then go to the download option or you can also download it from the Microsoft web-site.

My case isn't exactly the same.

I've been using Windows Live Writer (WLW) for years without any problem. However, from about four months ago it alows me to publish but forces me to await more than one minute from the moment I click on Publish to the moment I can start composing another post.

If I check on Task Mgr in the meantime it says "Windows Live Writer not responding".

I have uninstalled/reinstalled it, both English and Spanish versions, and problems continues.

This is running me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Madgri View Post
    My case isn't exactly the same.

I've been using Windows Live Writer (WLW) for years without any problem. However, from about four months ago it alows me to publish but forces me to await more than one minute from the moment I click on Publish to the moment I can start composing another post.

If I check on Task Mgr in the meantime it says "Windows Live Writer not responding".

I have uninstalled/reinstalled it, both English and Spanish versions, and problems continues.
    Can you try the below workaround and see if that solves the issue for you. In two Explorer windows, open these two folders:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies
    C:\windows\assembly

Drag Microsoft.mshtml.dll from the first window to the second.

Thanks, Einstein 007.

I cannot find in my PC the files you mention.

This is my "C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\RedistList".

The "WindowsLive.Writer.Interop.Mshtml.dll" file is in "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer".

Quote Originally Posted by Madgri View Post
    Thanks, Einstein 007.

I cannot find in my PC the files you mention.

This is my "C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\RedistList".

The "WindowsLive.Writer.Interop.Mshtml.dll" file is in "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer".
    Alright can you follow the below method and see if that works for you or not:

1.Start | Run
    2.On Vista, enter this command:
    %AppData%\Windows Live Writer\Keywords
    On XP, enter this command:
    %UserProfile%\Application Data\Windows Live Writer\Keywords
    3.You should see a bunch of files whose names begin with “keyword” and end with lots of letters and numbers. Delete all of these files.

Simond, I just did what you suggested. I didn't find a bunch of files whose names begin with “keyword”, but just ONE. I deleted it, and eureka!: PROBLEM SOLVED.

Now my WLW finishes publishing in no time and it is as fast as when I started using it years ago.

This remedy also deleted the stores tag words. So, I know now where they they.

THANKS A LOT!